BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I order a new car (happens once a year now) I promise myself not to order black. Then the decision time comes, my 'temporary' black 645Ci is all clean and I say to myself 'black is the best'. This time I had to go with Sapphire Black which is not my top selection.
How can BMW not offer standard black with this car? What is their reasonning behind this marketing 'dud'?
My car is supposed to arrive in October and I was told by my dealer than no custom colors are being accepted. This cannot be right as some of you were able to order custom colors.
I am tempted by Azure Black in the BMW Individual.
Best, Chris :confused2

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
BMW Individual is not offered in the USA. However there are some Individual E39 M5 in the USA, so if you are persistant enough that might work. Call BMW USA, BMW Germany, BMW M in Garchin, small chance it will work though.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Canadians can order special paint colours on our 2006 M5s, but we have to pay extra and wait a bit longer. I imagine that U.S. dealers would be able to do the same. The full Individual packages, though, will not be offered until the 2007 model year at the earliest.

Best regards,

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was at my dealer this weekend looking for a comparison between white and silver but came across a regular 5 in saphire black on the showroom. I must say it really caught my eye...I was trying to visiualize the M5 package on it and I think it would look really mean. If not for my black Range Rover, I would seriously consider saphire black.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Christopher M said:
Every time I order a new car (happens once a year now) I promise myself not to order black. Then the decision time comes, my 'temporary' black 645Ci is all clean and I say to myself 'black is the best'. This time I had to go with Sapphire Black which is not my top selection.
How can BMW not offer standard black with this car? What is their reasonning behind this marketing 'dud'?
My car is supposed to arrive in October and I was told by my dealer than no custom colors are being accepted. This cannot be right as some of you were able to order custom colors.
I am tempted by Azure Black in the BMW Individual.
Best, Chris :confused2
All I can tell you is that I have been "begging" to no avail, BMW is not intending on giving the USA individual colors for at least a year. I think it's important to call them anyway, since it's only through consistent feedback that the message will finally get through.

This will be my fifth new BMW in the last 8 years, I have to say they are consistantly difficult in certain aspects of customer relations. If the car was not so superior in many ways I would have turned to the dark side years ago! :biggrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts