BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
The "first wave" of M5's for the USA have already been produced. Many of us have had our cars completed for several days and are waiting for confirmation that they have arrived at the port of departure. It is my understanding that many of the week 36 cars will change status on Sept.14 and will be put on a vessel. M5Floyd might be able to shed some more light on this.

·
Registered
331 Posts
my car has been finished for a week and a half and just sitting, waiting to be shipped...

ouich

·
Registered
147 Posts
mine is status 150 and an indicated start date of 9/9 and a completion date of 9/19..........that is a week 37 start and a week 39 finish. who knows what they mean.....we're just jabbering over a who's on first......my dealer said he thought i was in the first round of production but based on what i read here i'm not.
all i know is my silver grey/ full indinanaplois red is supposedly in production and will be in my hands soon.....it better i already sold my E39 and delivered it last saturday....sure glad i bought my wife a 330 conv as a spare car, it's mine for the next few weeks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
This picture was taken yesterday, at the dock, of cars awaiting loading onto ships bound for USA in Hamburg by a friend of mine visiting his wife's family there. He thought it possible that the car in the picture may be mine since I am in the first wave (week 39). But alas, it isn't. Mine isn't yet built. Anybody on the board expecting a Sapphire Black/Sepang soon? :hihi:

Attachments

·
Registered
955 Posts
rad22 said:
This picture was taken yesterday, at the dock, of cars awaiting loading onto ships bound for USA in Hamburg by a friend of mine visiting his wife's family there. He thought it possible that the car in the picture may be mine since I am in the first wave (week 39). But alas, it isn't. Mine isn't yet built. Anybody on the board expecting a Sapphire Black/Sepang soon? :hihi:
this car has clear front reflector, and thus is in Euro-spec.

i don't think this car is destined to North America.

·
Registered
158 Posts
rad22 said:
Anybody on the board expecting a Sapphire Black/Sepang soon? :hihi:
I am, I hope it is mine :happybirt

·
Registered
431 Posts
Thank you for the pic, that lets me know the US cars don't have that Chrome window border!...Thank goodness.....I will know what is going on with our STATUS after the update at 3:00 today...I take that back, just read where it is EURO car.....

m5floyd

rad22 said:

·
Registered
174 Posts
In the past, I've been mistaken...this time I am probably clearly wrong. I first looked at this pic on my pda-phone, very small. Enlarging it now, I note that there is also a Euro Plate Mount on the front fascia. I may have to text "BU**SH*T" to my friend on this one. BTW, that IS his wife!

·
Registered
907 Posts
rad22 said:

One more thing, BMW's destined for the USA depart from Bremmerhaven, not Hamburg.

MJ

1 - 14 of 14 Posts