BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was excited that I finally got the long awaited call that I can order my car for October production, however, the color choices are disappointing. Does anyone know if you can get an individual m5 here in the US? If not, has anyone been able to opt for a custom color which I believe on other cars is a $5k option.

My dealer is checking on this, but I have found that dealers in general tend to be less informed than members on this board.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I would agree that most dealers know less than the avg m5 board member. after spending an evening on the boards i was better informed than any persons at my local dealer

·
Registered
559 Posts
In Canada you can certainly get the Individual paint colours at extra cost and with a longer waiting time on your MY06 M5. I don't know why U.S. dealers would not be able to do the same.

Best regards,

·
Registered
766 Posts
Everyone who's asked, via a US dealer, to choose individual as well as other options(sun protection glass as an example) has been told that they will not accept any orders for anything that's not in the US brochure, at least for the MY2006.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Jessem said:
Everyone who's asked, via a US dealer, to choose individual as well as other options(sun protection glass as an example) has been told that they will not accept any orders for anything that's not in the US brochure, at least for the MY2006.
This is true: however there is a growng support group at BMW Noth America that understands the need to have special colors for the US market. I can assure you they are aware and working on the problem. Exactly where the roadblock is has not been disclosed. It would be a great idea if everyone wanting special colors called the the BMW customer supoort line and let them know directly of your request made to the dealer. They will not make change unless they feel there is a real need to do so......

·
Registered
559 Posts
FYI, for Canadians, the additional cost for Individual paint on a MY06 M5 is $5,700 Canadian.

I wish you the best of luck in persuading BMW North America to adopt the same policy as BMW Canada Inc.

Best regards,

Spiroman

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Spiroman said:
FYI, for Canadians, the additional cost for Individual paint on a MY06 M5 is $5,700 Canadian.

I wish you the best of luck in persuading BMW North America to adopt the same policy as BMW Canada Inc.

Best regards,

Spiroman
My dealer contacted people at BMW in Germany who told them that Individual will NOT be available for at least another year. That said, my dealer offered to order the trim I wanted and install it for me.

Along similar lines, if you are willing to pay $6,000 for an Individual paint job, you probably can get a beautiful custom job here in the US for that price. Your color selection would be virtually unlimited then.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I would agree. If you're wiling to pay $6000. extra for an individual color that BMW charges from the factory, you could get a very nice paint job done locally and pick vitually any color you wanted.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Wolverine said:
Along similar lines, if you are willing to pay $6,000 for an Individual paint job, you probably can get a beautiful custom job here in the US for that price. Your color selection would be virtually unlimited then.
The problem is, trimming in the doors, engine bay, trunk, etc. it would be nearly impossible to get the same coverage without taking half the car apart. And then, add in that you would be without the car for a month at least. Unless you can get on Overhaulin'!

·
Registered
559 Posts
vndkshn said:
The problem is, trimming in the doors, engine bay, trunk, etc. it would be nearly impossible to get the same coverage without taking half the car apart. And then, add in that you would be without the car for a month at least. Unless you can get on Overhaulin'!
Maaco here I come!:thumbsup:

Best regards,

Spiroman

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For those interested in the Individual M5, below is a response from BMW. I have gone back through my dealer as well but it looks like I may have to settle for black sapphire :grrrrr: . Will keep you posted if anything changes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. ####### :

Thank you for contacting BMW of North America, LLC regarding the BMW M5. We
appreciate your interest in purchasing this exciting new model.

We are sorry to hear of your disappointinment with the color choices on the M5
in the United States market. Unfortunately, the Individual program you are
referring to is not available in this market, nor do we expect it to be
available in the near future.

I suggest discussing your choice with the sales team at your authorized BMW
center. They can contact internal regional sources to inquire about special
order options in the model you select. Our BMW centers control all aspects of
their sales transactions, and they are in the best position to assist with your
customization request. Please stay in touch with us through our website,
www.bmwusa.com, for product updates.

If you have any further questions, please respond to this e-mail or contact the
Customer Relations and Services Department at 1-800-831-1117, Monday through
Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time. Again, thank you for
contacting BMW.

Sincerely,

Mollie Duncan
Customer Relations and Services
Representative

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
I think this is very strange. They ahve the market :confused2

Alan said:
We are sorry to hear of your disappointinment with the color choices on the M5 in the United States market. Unfortunately, the Individual program you are

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Alan said:
For those interested in the Individual M5, below is a response from BMW. I have gone back through my dealer as well but it looks like I may have to settle for black sapphire :grrrrr: . Will keep you posted if anything changes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. ####### :

Thank you for contacting BMW of North America, LLC regarding the BMW M5. We
appreciate your interest in purchasing this exciting new model.

We are sorry to hear of your disappointinment with the color choices on the M5
in the United States market. Unfortunately, the Individual program you are

I suggest discussing your choice with the sales team at your authorized BMW
center. They can contact internal regional sources to inquire about special
order options in the model you select. Our BMW centers control all aspects of
their sales transactions, and they are in the best position to assist with your
customization request. Please stay in touch with us through our website,
www.bmwusa.com, for product updates.

If you have any further questions, please respond to this e-mail or contact the
Customer Relations and Services Department at 1-800-831-1117, Monday through
Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time. Again, thank you for
contacting BMW.

Sincerely,

Mollie Duncan
Customer Relations and Services
Representative
This is consistent with the information I received today from the BMW NA Customer Relations department by phone -- the Individual program is a European (and, it appears, Canadian) program that is not available in the US at least for now.

·
Registered
198 Posts
There may be a slim possibility of getting it if you have ordered your car for european delivery or the diplomatic sales program in which case I believe the order is directly with BMW AG in Munich and not BMW North America. My dealer is trying to find out

·
Registered
363 Posts
riaz said:
There may be a slim possibility of getting it if you have ordered your car for european delivery or the diplomatic sales program in which case I believe the order is directly with BMW AG in Munich and not BMW North America. My dealer is trying to find out
Not sure about the diplomatic program, but the M5 is not available via European delivery for the US. I have now discussed this at length with my dealer and have been assured that there is zero chance of getting non-standard interior/exterior colors for a 2006 US M5. I've now made several calls to BMW NA expressing my disappointment about this especially as other markets are able to order individual colors. BMW folks have been polite, but nobody is offering anything resembling a rationale for this decision...... I do suggest that everyone call and voice their opinion.

·
Registered
198 Posts
NYC_M5 said:
Not sure about the diplomatic program, but the M5 is not available via European delivery for the US. I have now discussed this at length with my dealer and have been assured that there is zero chance of getting non-standard interior/exterior colors for a 2006 US M5. I've now made several calls to BMW NA expressing my disappointment about this especially as other markets are able to order individual colors. BMW folks have been polite, but nobody is offering anything resembling a rationale for this decision...... I do suggest that everyone call and voice their opinion.
send me a pm and i will give you the name of my dealer who I believe exclusively focuses on european delivery and diplomatic sales; he may be able to help you out with european delivery

1 - 16 of 16 Posts