BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this has been discussed hundreds of times, but in light of today's announcement at the Detroit Auto Show that the US M5 will be an autumn delivery, I ask ---

What is the realistic US delivery date for the M5, and do you foresee problems with the first months of delivery.

The lease on my 2002 M5 (which I love) is up in 2 weeks. I have toyed with buying out the car at the end of the lease. I am on the list for a new M5 at my dealer. Do I:

1. Hold on to my car for another 12 months through a lease extension an take a January 2006 delivery of an M5; or

2. Lease a 2005 545i 6 speed for 2 years (they just came out with lease incentives on the 545i) and take delivery of a Janaury 2007 M5 (hopefully with the bugs removed)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I am in a somewhat similar situation. I think I will just do without for a couple of months. My #2 spot at my dealer should get me a early car.

What incentives have you seen on the 545?

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
The first question you have to answer is could you get one of the first deliveries. If yes, then you would expect to have a new M5 in the October-November range. If no then you have to findout where you are in line.

As to issues with the first cars- well, its not really an entirely new model- but... the engine is entirely new...

On the E39, the 2nd model year had the changes to the angel eyes. I would guess any freshening to the E60 would follow a similar pattern and that could affect the M5. Its just speculation, but if you are looking for the best of the generation it will be in the latter part of production. there was a noticeable difference between my 00 and 03 .

·
Registered
248 Posts
zoom said:
I know this has been discussed hundreds of times, but in light of today's announcement at the Detroit Auto Show that the US M5 will be an autumn delivery, I ask ---

What is the realistic US delivery date for the M5, and do you foresee problems with the first months of delivery.

The lease on my 2002 M5 (which I love) is up in 2 weeks. I have toyed with buying out the car at the end of the lease. I am on the list for a new M5 at my dealer. Do I:

1. Hold on to my car for another 12 months through a lease extension an take a January 2006 delivery of an M5; or

2. Lease a 2005 545i 6 speed for 2 years (they just came out with lease incentives on the 545i) and take delivery of a Janaury 2007 M5 (hopefully with the bugs removed)?

Thanks!
I would consider buying the 02 M5. It's an awsome car. If you do go with leasing 05 545i, skip the sports package as it makes the ride very hard and the ARS and AS are not very good..... The new V8 is awsome, I get over 30mpg on the highway..... The SMG is something that I do not like as well.
One final note, the new E60 is a different car. It is more reserved and does not reward like the E39. All of us are buying the new car based on the old....However, be warned.....;)

·
Registered
331 Posts
I am in a very similar situation. I am #1 on Paul Miller BMW's list in Wayne, NJ for the M5-- the lease on my 2002 540 just expired last week. I considered buying a new 545 or 2003 m5 in the interim...I wound up simply buying my leased 540--- the wait for the m5 is driving me nuts.

BTW- Just last week some of the guys at Paul Miller were thinking that they would get the first m5 in January-- I am hoping for October!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts