BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just now finalized the official order for my M5! The U.S. dealers got this capability during the day today. My car will be built the 2nd week of September. I should be driving it by the 3rd week week of October.

I see the light at the end of this tunnel...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, very much for real. The US dealers are only allowed to order against an "allocation" for any specific model. The 2006 M5 US availablity just became real late morning today. The BMW factory is now assigning production numbers and accepting orders for the M5 through the dealer ordering network. I had "ordered" my car by getting my dealer to accept a "first in line" deposit back in 2001, but this was only so that I would get the first phone call. BMW was not a party to that arrangement. As of today, they have a production slot with my colors, options, and name on it!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Awesome!! :7:

Now I am just awaiting confirmation from my dealer that mine has been allocated. I'll confirm asap! Thanks for the news! :happybirt

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
absent said:
Wow!Great news!
Have to call my dealer to confirm the colors...
BTW ,anybody know the interiors for the US?
Apparently same as Canada which has been previously posted.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I have also ordered my car which was already in 112 status when the dealer got the allocation, so it must be a week 36 car. Have to move quickly. I ordered from my cruise ship on the Baltic. Interesting timing, since I'll meet Gustav in Stockholm today!

A08 Silver Grey
X2SW Full black Merino leather
322 comfort access
416 power rear sunshade
4ME Walnut Madiera
4MA M multi-function seats
453 Seat ventilation
610 Head up display

Any thoughts on the perforated leather, my only concern?

MJ
'03 Black/Black

·
Registered
561 Posts
MJ said:
I have also ordered my car which was already in 112 status when the dealer got the allocation, so it must be a week 36 car. Have to move quickly. I ordered from my cruise ship on the Baltic. Interesting timing, since I'll meet Gustav in Stockholm today!

A08 Silver Grey
322 comfort access
416 power rear sunshade
4ME Walnut Madiera
453 Seat ventilation
610 Head up display

MJ
'03 Black/Black
If you've ordered seat ventilation, you have to get the perforated leather - not such a bad thing. It has the potential to be "grippier" than the non-perforated leather.

Best regards,

·
Registered
223 Posts
MJ said:
I'm going with it! Based solely on my experience with a friends 7 series where he has the perforated leather with the ventilation. I really like the ventilation, especially for us here in these warmer climates (CA and FL). Once it was available it got me thinking how often i get out of the car now with my back somewhat sweating to the seat - that will be no more!

Still waiting on my allocation......

·
Registered
73 Posts
Drezahl said:
I'm going with it! Based solely on my experience with a friends 7 series where he has the perforated leather with the ventilation. I really like the ventilation, especially for us here in these warmer climates (CA and FL). Once it was available it got me thinking how often i get out of the car now with my back somewhat sweating to the seat - that will be no more!

Still waiting on my allocation......
I am also in a quandary about seat ventilation. Does the air blow through the seat back or just the bottom seat section? I live in an inland area of SoCal where it gets hot.

·
Registered
329 Posts
MJ - what cruise ship are you on? We just got back from 8 days on the Radisson Seven Seas Voyager :haha:

We had a ball......

:cheers:

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
MJ said:

A08 Silver Grey
322 comfort access
416 power rear sunshade
4ME Walnut Madiera
453 Seat ventilation
610 Head up display

MJ
'03 Black/Black
I got a similar config, but Aluminum-Silverstone/Silverstone (unless I change my mind in the next few days). I also got Sat Radio and Rear airbags. I skipped the fold-down seats (my E39 seats rattled a bit) and heated rear seats (Texas).

Mine is also a week 36 build. We'll get ours at about the same time. Can't wait.

Tom

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
MJ said:

A08 Silver Grey
322 comfort access
416 power rear sunshade
4ME Walnut Madiera
453 Seat ventilation
610 Head up display

MJ
'03 Black/Black
I'm going for the perforated seats. They do look a bit different as I've seen them in the 7 but I like the idea some cooling from the seat. And with the full leather options it's "only" another $800 hmmm

·
Registered
915 Posts
Order is confirmed and I have the production number. If I don't lke the SMGIII, the dealer will get me a 6-speed next year. Only time will tell. Any bets from my old board pals?

MJ
'06 on the way
'03 lease expires on 10/10/05

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.