BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

Need help sourcing front cross drilled rotors and rear Bilstein shocks for my 91' M5. Prefer sourcing from Canada but USA will do as well.

Need them quick.

Apparently, BREMBO and Zimmermann (sp?) make cross drilled rotos that will fit, but who sells them?

Tried my usual parts suppliers but it's getting tough to find these now :grrrr:

Thanks!!

UPDATE:

Found the Bilstein shocks!!
Still no rotors

·
Registered
115 Posts
I show availability of rear cross drilled brembos on worldpac, no fronts though. Where are you located?

Glad you found the shocks, I take it the SLS has been removed already...

*edit* I see you posted in a T-dot meet thread. Those rotors are located in Toronto warehouse so I would suggest finding someone who can source them for you locally rather than paying shipping twice.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yep, SLS removed a long time ago, replaced with Dinan Stage III system.

Question regarding rear shocks; Bilstein vs. Koni, any preferences?

BTW, Original Bilstein part# stamped on my rear shocks (2099B46-1247HO), looks like the cross reference for the new part# is xxxB46-1486SPORT (another part# xxxB46-1221H - oem replacement?) I went with the SPORT as per BAV-AUTO recommendation.

Can anybody confirm this cross reference part number for Bilstein rear shocks?

·
Registered
763 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
UPDATE:

Cancelled order with BAVARIAN AUTO :eek:h:

Got better prices on rotors and a complete suspension package promo sale for e34 M5's from Turner Motorsports :biggrinbounce:

I went with a complete set (front/back) cross drilled StopTech rotors and a complete e34 M5 Bilstein + H&R spring suspension package, on special this month!!!! It was just too cheap to pass up!!! :hihi:

My only concern is how will this setup differ from my original Dinan Stage I setup? Any idea?

Apparently, StopTech are highly rated racing brakes, and have a good reputation. I checked on the forum for info but not much was found. Anybody have experience with these?

They also threw in a few "Turner" racing decals to spiff up the look on the track. :M5launch:

Now waiting for the stuff to arrive!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts