BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the size details of the new 645ci wheels.

I have been offered a set of nearly new ones with tyres for £550 and all the owner knows is the car they came off and that they are 8x18 or 9x18.

Will these fit an e34 M5, is the hub diameter corrent (or is it e39 size), what's the PCD (still 5x120?), what's the offset?

I've got a track day tomorrow and if they fit I can use them as spares/track slag wheels?

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I don't have ETK here so I can't tell you the offset, but I do know the centres are e39 size, so you'll need the rings. Since I've seen e34's on e60 wheels it shouldn't be a problem. The 645's tyres are higher though!!!!!! 245/45 18....... Good luck!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Right, I think I've found the offset (et14) on the online ETK - doesn't say anything about PCD or hub diameter though!

Hopefully the slightly larger 245/45 shouldn't be such a concern for my standard ones are 245/40 anyway. About 10mm taller, but that's only a problem until I wear the tyres out and replace them with cheap track slag ones (not kosher track tyres of course)

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The urgency for this has now dropped a little as they are still for sale and the hub diameter is the same as for the e39 (74mm). PCD is also the same.

The only question remaining, is whether an offset of 14 is enough, or will this cause problems, assuming I run 235/40z18 or 245/40z18?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Mmm-five ......if you are successful in fitting those wheels wiil you be flogging your 'parallels'?

if so keep me info'd.....

ta
Scorchio
(Father Ted on PistonHeads.com):byee55amg

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scorchio said:
Mmm-five ......if you are successful in fitting those wheels wiil you be flogging your 'parallels'?

if so keep me info'd.....

ta
Scorchio
(Father Ted on PistonHeads.com):byee55amg
Unfortunately not, I am planning on using one set as track wheels, and to drive around on while I get my parallels refurbed!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Cheers for the reply, worth a shot!.....i am very fond of 'throwing stars' but am not such a purist as to covet a set of parallels!

all the best

Paul

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
868 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
M5 powered said:
look promising. I'd get him to check the 650 bit though with a a tape. If you do buy / get them . Let me know. I'm only 20 minutes away.

Best

Jonathan
The 650 bit just means it is a 50 profile (don't know why they have a 6 in front of it though) - so they are 225/50r18 - which while a bit narrow, should be fine for airfields!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts