BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im selling an E34 M5 interior. (in australia).
a guy wants to buy it but he has E34 535i. my seats are electric/heated. how would he go about getting them to work on his car.? i would cut the cables leading to the seats, but what would he have to do then?? please help if you know or can point in the right direction!!

PS: he is not too worried about not having the heated functoin but obviously electric part must work. is there an easy way to wire them up??

thank you<!-- / message -->

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
There is a good chance that his wiring loom already has the necessary wiring and plugs to connect to the plugs that supply your seats with the heated function and the electric movement .

I personally wouldn't go cutting any cables until a thorough investigation has been carried out .

Ask him to look at the wiring and plugs underneath his current seats to identify whether or not he has the necessary plugs to connect up to your seats .

Ultimately , it's his decision / risk .........

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i was gonna cut my ones, as the car is already being wrecked.
what i wanted to know, once he connects the plugs that i cut out into the seats, what can he do with the other side? is there any chance to somehow power it so the electrics can work, but heating is not important. thanks

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Is he sure that he doesn't already have the necessary wiring in his car .

Rather than cut cables , could you not strip out your entire wiring loom and include that with the seat package ?

If you were to cut cables , there should be the potential for him to connect a live feed to your plugs that you have cut off and connect them to the plugs on the seat ......however , I am not a qualified automotive electrician and wouldn't choose to advise on the best method .

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry,im new at this. how hard would be to strip the whole wiring loom for the seats? where would it go? carpet would have to come off, then?? thanks for your help

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I thought that there were a couple of 'plugs' that the seat connected to - and to remove the seats you have to unplug these connectors to lift the seat off the rails & out?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought that there were a couple of 'plugs' that the seat connected to - and to remove the seats you have to unplug these connectors to lift the seat off the rails & out?
mate the seats are out of the car already. problem is i dont know if the guy who has a 535i can connect these into his car. the plugs and cords coming out of the seats, where do they go to? under dash or?

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Perhaps you could get the proposed buyer to take a photo of the wiring and plugs underneath his existing seats to confirm whether or not he has the necessary plugs to connect up to those fitted to the underneath of your seats .

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ive emailed him to check if he has the plugs already there. but if i was gonna take whole wiring loom, where does it end up after unplugging it under the seats? hard to take it all out? if i did that could he use it then?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts