BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

the M5 has eaten a set from upper arm bushes in about 7000 miles. The bushes (from BMW) were fitted with new arms at the time.

The 7000 miles was mainly motorway but also 25 laps of the Nurburgring, a track day, and a half day of airfield time in the dry.

I'm not that surprised, but is it worth fitting uprated (such as Poly) bushes? Does anyone make them?

Cheers,
Andy

·
Registered
970 Posts
I had some eurethane bushes shipped from the US at some expense ($99 plus shipping plus tax). Had them fitted ............... they failed within a month/1k miles. The steel centre cylinder, the bit the bolt goes through came adrift from the eurethane.

I then had some BMW OE bushes fitted. These lasted about 2kmiles .......... So, I've just had the 750i/850i bushes fitted. They are the same price. They look much more substantial and I believe they are oil filled?

They've done about 1km so far and so far so good. Make the steering feel much quicker and sharper, maybe even enhancing the understeer feeling although this is probably just me not quite used to the better steering response.

Make sure you have your bushes tightened up 'under load' ie. car on the ground.

Cheers

Brian

AndyE said:
All,

the M5 has eaten a set from upper arm bushes in about 7000 miles. The bushes (from BMW) were fitted with new arms at the time.

The 7000 miles was mainly motorway but also 25 laps of the Nurburgring, a track day, and a half day of airfield time in the dry.

I'm not that surprised, but is it worth fitting uprated (such as Poly) bushes? Does anyone make them?

Cheers,
Andy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts