BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been searching for a replacement to my OEM steering wheel and came across this one on the bimmian.com web site.

Has anyone done this upgrade with this product or have a suggested alternative?

here is the link:

Bimmian AutoCarbon Carbon Fiber + Alcantara Steering Wheel for BMW 5 Series and M5 - 1997-04 E39

http://<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/rzy48PwtPUo&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3 allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></EMBED>

"></EMBED>

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I seriously just messed my pants. OMG for that price AND it has alcantara? Not to mention "M" stitching? GTFO!!!

Sigh, this just shot straight up my mod list to darn near the top.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I seriously just messed my pants. OMG for that price AND it has alcantara? Not to mention "M" stitching? GTFO!!!

Sigh, this just shot straight up my mod list to darn near the top.

I feel the same way....I just didn't want to be the first to install without some feed back. I guess I'll bite the bullet and be the first.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
makes me wish I had a facelifted steering wheel so I could have this done to it - WOW!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Mkaehly.... As far as it looks on their website. They have 6 "styles" of steering wheels. I'm pretty sure the pre-facelift style is offered.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Mkaehly.... As far as it looks on their website. They have 6 "styles" of steering wheels. I'm pretty sure the pre-facelift style is offered.
Sure looks like one of them would be right - I'll have to reach out and ask bimmian. I DO have a face-lifted wheel but no airbag (and the wheel is thrashed too but since it would be the core who cares) so if I could just find an airbag - hint hint.

Nice - maybe 2 options huh?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Those look well constructed, but they're way too busy for the M5's interior. Common, 3 different materials on the wheel in addition to the leather in the center? Maybe in an E60, but not an E39.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Those look well constructed, but they're way too busy for the M5's interior. Common, 3 different materials on the wheel in addition to the leather in the center? Maybe in an E60, but not an E39.
This is busy? No, it's the business. Bimmian group buy anyone? I'm in.

Attachments

·
Registered
782 Posts
That steering wheel SCREAMS RICER!:confused3 I dont get what is so appealing. You can have your wheel recovered for less and it will retain the class of the M5.

Cheers,
Rhino

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Fight - Fight - Fight - Fight
:haha:

·
Registered
913 Posts
That steering wheel SCREAMS RICER!:confused3 I dont get what is so appealing. You can have your wheel recovered for less and it will retain the class of the M5.

Cheers,
Rhino
LOL. Compare this wheel to an example of a ricer wheel. I doubt they'll stack up.

·
Registered
782 Posts
All I need to do is compare it to factory. There is so much going on with it. Why do I need 3 inlays of carbon fiber inlays? Why do I need alcantara right where my hands will be 95% of the time. Ask anyone with an alcatara wheel, They get nasty. I love the stock wheel with alcantara on the top and bottom, But this is over done and completely out of place in an executive saloon.

Here is a "Type R" steering wheel.

·
Registered
913 Posts
That's fine you compare it to factory, but you also compared it with "RICER". Ever seen the cockpit of a Zonda? 911 RS? May not be what you like, but it's far from a "RICER" spec.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts