BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can u upgrade the nav DVD in our cars...? I have a 2009 and my DVD got stuck...I fished it out and scratched it where it might have problems working...

Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Can u upgrade the nav DVD in our cars...? I have a 2009 and my DVD got stuck...I fished it out and scratched it where it might have problems working...

Thanks
Paul
I think you can just go torrent E60 Nav Disc and burn the .iso. There were links here on the forum a while back for the 2013 updated version if you use the search function.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I think you can just go torrent E60 Nav Disc and burn the .iso. There were links here on the forum a while back for the 2013 updated version if you use the search function.
Are you serious? The NAV in my E92 335d is from 2006 and total garbage, Garages want £170-£280 for a disc, with BMW telling me it needs another £150 worth of programming! Would be a bonus If i could sell it with updated NAV software!

The E60 Nav is much quicker and seems to work fine, but an update wouldn't hurt that either i suppose lol

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
To upgrade an LCI nav you'll need the disk loaded to a USB and an FSC code.

Going from memory here but believe when turn on the car with the USB it'll ask if you want to load and then it'll ask for the FSC code. That'll validate and then copy the data over.

FSC codes require your VIN and believe they'll run you about $50 once you find a source.

·
Registered
146 Posts
best thing about the cic upgrade is not having to hear that stupid dvd drive spooling all the damn time.
why have i missed this for the last 3 years!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I found them 2015 Nav discs on eBay for $19 shipped.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It was a private individual but there were quite a few in eBay. Just search and they with come up.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heard there was a link on here that showed people downloading 2013 + nav DVD for free...?.. I checked the link and its dead

·
Registered
29 Posts
I found them 2015 Nav discs on eBay for $19 shipped.
You're lucky to have found them so easily. It's very difficult to find them here in the Middle East. Obviously you find them at stealerships, but at ridiculously expensive prices.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Heard there was a link on here that showed people downloading 2013 + nav DVD for free...?.. I checked the link and its dead
There's a forum called gpsunderground.com just do a quick search there. I'm sure you'll find it there. I believe you might have to sign up to access download links. It's not just for BMWs plenty of other platforms too!

·
Registered
252 Posts
There's a forum called gpsunderground.com just do a quick search there. I'm sure you'll find it there. I believe you might have to sign up to access download links. It's not just for BMWs plenty of other platforms too!
I signed up on that forum and the consensus is that you need original DVDs to work with the "CCC business" NAV. Also, the 2015 update is listed as the "final" version. I found a used set on Ebay for $25. Should have it in a few days.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Also bought the $19 eBay 2015 nav discs, eventually want to upgrade to CIC or NBT but for now it's nice to have at least somewhat useful maps - also the discs that came with the car (2013 discs) were starting to have problems being read. $19 and one click from eBay is an easy temporary fix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
252 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
11 Participants
thefleshrocket
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing