BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi all

i know this topic seems to have been covered ad nauseam but i'm still trying to fill in a few blanks.

i have a UK m5 manufactured in sept 2000 which has the mkIII CD Rom running version 16 software and would appreciate answers to the following questions:

1) does anyone have the part number for the mkIV DVD Rom needed to upgrade?

2) am i right in thinking that the upgrade is a simple plug and play?

3) is the only software required version 25 (or similar)?

4) are all of the above applicable globally or are there national complications that i need to be aware of?

5) is there any other info that i need?

many, many thanks in advance

lore

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
lore said:
1) does anyone have the part number for the mkIV DVD Rom needed to upgrade?
please check here .. Satnav

lore said:
2) am i right in thinking that the upgrade is a simple plug and play?
yes, take out themkiii unit, disconnect blue/white connectors, and the gps ariel

lore said:
3) is the only software required version 25 (or similar)?
mkiv unit should come with its own software, once connected and powered up, check the version,and update with the v25 to 4-1/50 if necessary

lore said:
4) are all of the above applicable globally or are there national complications that i need to be aware of?
they are pretty much the same globally, but the language is different in whichever sector, i have a US based nav computer in my uk car, which works fine, comes out with an american nav voice, and roundabouts become "turn circles" lol.. local dealer should be able to change/recode the unit for the local language.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tin

thanks for the info.

i found www.realoem.com on my internet odyssey but i can't seem to find any part numbers on it for the mkIV.

your assistance please

cheers

lore

Tin said:
please check here .. Satnav

yes, take out themkiii unit, disconnect blue/white connectors, and the gps ariel

mkiv unit should come with its own software, once connected and powered up, check the version,and update with the v25 to 4-1/50 if necessary

they are pretty much the same globally, but the language is different in whichever sector, i have a US based nav computer in my uk car, which works fine, comes out with an american nav voice, and roundabouts become "turn circles" lol.. local dealer should be able to change/recode the unit for the local language.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
lore said:
tin

thanks for the info.

i found www.realoem.com on my internet odyssey but i can't seem to find any part numbers on it for the mkIV.

your assistance please

cheers

lore
from the link in my last post ;)

the other earlier nav computers have been superseeded by the dvd mkiv one..part no : 65906942910

click pic here :

please double check at your local dealer though.. I can't be held responsible for any errors etc..usual small print stuff.. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks again

lore

ps you're not a lawyer are you? lol

Tin said:
from the link in my last post ;)

the other earlier nav computers have been superseeded by the dvd mkiv one..part no : 65906942910

click pic here :

please double check at your local dealer though.. I can't be held responsible for any errors etc..usual small print stuff.. ;)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
lore said:
ps you're not a lawyer are you? lol
nope, just a hard workin IT guy who mods his motor too much.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tin

at the risk of pushing my luck........

am i right in thinking that all mkIVs don't have the same part number?

if i am right do you know whether there is cross compatability between mkIVs? ie an e46 will work in an e39 etc.

ta

lawrence

Tin said:
nope, just a hard workin IT guy who mods his motor too much.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
lore said:
tin

at the risk of pushing my luck........

am i right in thinking that all mkIVs don't have the same part number?

if i am right do you know whether there is cross compatability between mkIVs? ie an e46 will work in an e39 etc.

ta

lawrence
Doing an ebay search like http://search.ebay.de/bmw-mkiv-mk4-dvd_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8QQsatitleZbmwQ20Q28mkivQ2Cmk4Q29Q20dvd

reveals different part numbers ... is there a way to turn a part number into a part name, like a parts catalog or something? A cd/DVD that one can buy for example?

Cheers,
Aaron

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
aaronmiles said:
Doing an ebay search like http://search.ebay.de/bmw-mkiv-mk4-dvd_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8QQsatitleZbmwQ20Q28mkivQ2Cmk4Q29Q20dvd

reveals different part numbers ... is there a way to turn a part number into a part name, like a parts catalog or something? A cd/DVD that one can buy for example?

Cheers,
Aaron
yes, you need to get a copy of the BMW TIS cd, again available on ebay.co.uk or ebay.com for a few pounds, exact same database that the dealers use... same as www.realoem.com but can search on text or part no.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Ordered ... Thanks for that ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts