BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swapped out my 2013 M5 (black/black) 16,000 miles for a 2014 M5 (silver/black) 2,300 miles. Deal was done with Select Luxury in Marietta, GA. (good guys, high-end pre-owned car inventory). My 2013 is up for sale on their site @ $72,000 if you are looking a nice clean M5 (extended leather, B&O, 20" wheels, executive pkg). Key drivers for the switch:

- 2014 only had 2,300 miles, had a MSRP of $109,000 and was listed for $84,000
- CP option: after driving the M5 with the CP option, it was hard to go back to a non-CP model. This really tightens up the suspension, steering, and exhaust sound. In addition 2014's have the new steering wheel, navigation system, etc. I've owned 5 M cars, AMG's etc, and just prefer a more aggressive driving car, yet still rides smooth in comfort mode for the wife and other passengers.
- Color: I have a love/hate relationship with black cars. I only buy black or silver cars, I'm done with black! Silver is so easy to take care of and I can see the car lines better. A little Zaino wax and it will pop and be protected for 6+ months.
- Trim: I only buy cars with black interiors, the 2014 has the aluminum trim and it really contrasts nicely with black. Wood and carbon fiber just can't be appreciated in a black interior.
- My 2003 E39 M5 had this exact same color combination (silver/black/aluminum) and it feels like I'm back home!

Very happy with the new ride!!hiha

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
What a lovely car. I feel with You about the colour.
Can't wait for my own, singapore gray/black, all inclusive, built first week in 2015

/Poul

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
You are absolutely going to love the CP. With the addition of an Akropovic exhaust my 2014 CP generated 591 RWHP at Timmayfest 2014.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Congrats! Nice color combo.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Looks stunning:)

·
Registered
627 Posts
what are your thoughts on the 13 vs CP 14 ?? is the CP worth it? can u actually feel much of a difference?

nice car GL with it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bob, yes CP is a must have option in my book (didn't know what I was missing on my 13 non-CP M5)! This is my daily driver (60 miles roundtrip), all settings on aggressive mode (except leave DSC on), I use manual mode, car is extremely responsive, never jerky even in stop and go traffic. Stance is lower, suspension and throttle response is better, and I like the exhaust note (throaty without being over the top). I'm sure the track guys prefer the CP but its also better even as a daily driver. I've owned the last three M5 models, last two M3 models and a V10 M6, this is the best M car by far for my needs! :applause:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gashirk

I live in Greenville SC and am looking at the 2013 M5 with 6 speed manual. I can't drive a DCT or even PDK not close to the same for me. Do you think there is really a big difference between the 2013 and 2014 with the CP. I love more aggressive sport feel. I drove the 2013 M5 on the track here in Greenville and it's a rocket. If there is a real difference I would consider getting a 2014 M5. Sounds like you got a great deal on a beautiful car. Im going to look at an M5 in in Duluth Ga in a couple of days. Any recommendations on dealers in Atlanta?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts