BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I am looking to upgrade ny 4:3 screen to the 16:9. I do not have NAV and only use the screen for TV and the DSP and other audio information.

Is it just a simple switch? From what I know there cables from the old screen should fit into the new one and everything should be fine.

Will the TV be ok? Can you upgrade software for the screen controls without having nav?

Thanks in advance

- Kin

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried checking before but no one seems to say if the TV module has to be upgraded. As I don't have Nav many of the post do not relate to me... :3:

- Kin

·
Registered
213 Posts
Kin Mak said:
Tried checking before but no one seems to say if the TV module has to be upgraded. As I don't have Nav many of the post do not relate to me... :3:

- Kin

Kin,

When I did mine, if you leave the old TV module in you will only get 4:3 even if you have a 16:9 screen, the TV module overides the Nav computer.

On removing it even a MKII as I previously had gives 16:9...I don't miss the TV one bit... a rather useless gimmick imho.

There was a rumour that someone in Germany can re-flash the software so to get 16:9 on an old module, but I never found who...

And the screen is a very simple plug 'n' play swap, as are any of the Nav computer upgrades...

all the best
-Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts