BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I'm getting an 2003 M5 and want to update the Nav. dvd disc.

I've seen the Navtech 2004-2 upgrade advertised here, but i've read that this new version will not work in rear mounted BMW dvd drives.

Is this accurate?

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
greer said:
Hello guys,

I'm getting an 2003 M5 and want to update the Nav. dvd disc.

I've seen the Navtech 2004-2 upgrade advertised here, but i've read that this new version will not work in rear mounted BMW dvd drives.

Is this accurate?
Greer,
Im curious as too where you've seen/read this. can you copy & pasts it? I sent you an E-mail message but once agin, it will absolutely work in a rear mounted DVD navigation unit/player, which would be located in the trunk of our car.
Robert

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
The COPIES have issues- but original discs are fine.

I am anxiously awaiting the 2005.1 or 2 which is purportedly due 'any week'... :(

A

·
Registered
55 Posts
ard said:
The COPIES have issues- but original discs are fine.

I am anxiously awaiting the 2005.1 or 2 which is purportedly due 'any week'... :(

A
I'm assuming you've received the update by now. Do you know when Release 2005.2 became available?

I'm curious because the dealer I purchased (early May '05) my M5 from gave me supposedly the 'latest' update. However, the DVD sleeve has a 2004 copyright date.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
I believe Navtec released the 2005.2 DVD disc April 4 or 5th..

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=532729&postcount=22

Technically, in May the 2004 disc was 'old'...

Not sure when BMW started selling it, though. Might be worth a shot with them - 'hey, navtec told me they had an upgrade on April 6, but you gave me the old disc a month later...'

A

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Anyone have a copy of or know where to download the 2005.2 disc : (IM me)??

·
Registered
2,817 Posts

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
ELEVENS said:
Be careful - I've heard that the DVD for the 2004-2005 5 series and 7 series is different and will not work in E39 cars :sad2:
Very true, that there are two different DVDs... one for the trunk mount and the other the dash mount..

When buying the disk on ebay or from BMW/Navtec it is a $$$ mistake. In this case it costs you a few hours of download.

A

(the readme.txt is familiar... I would venture a bet this is the exact same ftp package I'd heard works for the trunk mounts...)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts