BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I had posted that people were having a hard time hearing me talk via bluetooth.

I used my iphone in a friends 2011 328 and no problems what so ever.

Is there a way to upgrade either hardware or software of my bluetooth. Car is an 06 so I am thinking that maybe the electronics have changed and that is why there are no problems in the new cars?

I would really like to solve the problem. Even at 30mph, I have been told like I am talking in a wind tunnel. No problems however when stand still.

thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I see that alot have viewed this question but no answers?

Any help please, I would really like to get this fixed if possible..hmmm

·
Registered
165 Posts
I would first take a look at your microphone. Pull it out of the headliner and let it dangle out and make a call to see if that might make a difference. You might also try replacing it, I would think it is probably cheaper than the labor time required for a computer reprogram.

Good luck.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I used to have Blackberry Curve that worked perfectly in my 06.

I recently upgraded to a HTC Desire and the sound quality is terrible, both hearing the caller and the caller hearing me.

I did have my various modules flashed to the latest versions when I installed the CIC.

I ended up un-tethering the Desire which unfortunately means no more hands-free. I'd love to figure out a solution.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
If people are saying it sounds like you're talking in a wind tunnel, then I would agree with 3rdM that you should have the mic checked. Also, are you driving/talking with the sunroof shade open? The sunroof is known to leak air (there's a service bulletin for it) so you could trying closing the shade which should block it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
thanks for the responses.

No the weather has not been that great in Northern CA so both sunroof and sunshade have been closed.

Where is the bluetooth mic located? Maybe I can change that?

Anyone know of a part number or where to purchase?

·
Registered
215 Posts
thanks for the responses.

No the weather has not been that great in Northern CA so both sunroof and sunshade have been closed.

Where is the bluetooth mic located? Maybe I can change that?

Anyone know of a part number or where to purchase?
Item Number 1 in the attached picture is where the microphone for handsfree (telephone and voice command systems) is located.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts