BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone updated their DVD nav disc? Mine is from a 2006 M5 (Version 13) and I'm keen to update it. Local dealer says it's around $400 which seems a lot for what looks like a simple DVD. Any info/advice would be appreciated.
Cheers

·
Registered
198 Posts
Not sure if you got anywhere with this. My disc is the original 2001 and my dealer thinks the latest disc (which has the maps and software) is about $600.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I get my discs from the dealer and copy them. i currently have the 2012 one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just bought the latest one and have made a backup copy for safety's sake as it cost more than its weight in gold from BMW !
Anyone interested in "testing" it for me - PM me ...
;-)

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Has anyone updated their DVD nav disc? Mine is from a 2006 M5 (Version 13) and I'm keen to update it. Local dealer says it's around $400 which seems a lot for what looks like a simple DVD. Any info/advice would be appreciated.
Cheers
Not sure if you got anywhere with this. My disc is the original 2001 and my dealer thinks the latest disc (which has the maps and software) is about $600.
What is it that you are wanting to update the Software of the the maps. There is a difference and they are different CDs.

If you are looking to update the software (Mk-III 3-1/63 & Mk-IV 4-1/00 are the last updates). To determine the Software verison go to the top of the settings menu and in t he upper right corner you will see a string of numbers. This string is the Navigation type (1=Mk-I, 2=Mk-II, 3=Mk-III, 4=Mk-IV) followed by Display Type (1=colour, 2=Monochrome) and finally the Software revision.

The Map Disks (CD Mk-I thru Mk-III, DVD for Mk-IV), in the US at least, are updated annually and cost new $199.00 USD.

X-fire you do not have the latest maps, if they are 2001, and unlikely the latest software either. Does your Mk-III have split screen?

·
Registered
198 Posts
X-fire you do not have the latest maps, if they are 2001, and unlikely the latest software either. Does your Mk-III have split screen?
I'm able to put the map onto one side of the screen while looking at the words, elevation etc. on the other half.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I'm able to put the map onto one side of the screen while looking at the words, elevation etc. on the other half.
Your S/W version is v.18 or later as you have the split screen. If you look in the top right corner of the display on the "Settings" menu you will see a number which looks like "3-1/63". This is the S/W version (nav type "3", Display "1"=colour, "2"=monochrome, Software Revision "63" v22). V22 was the last revision for the Mk-III Navigation.

BMW Navigation System FAQ - Xoutpost.com

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have SW 3 - 1/63

·
Registered
6,632 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here is a link I found from gpsunderground.com for V20 2013 Australia & N.Z BMW Professional Navigation DVD map.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qaxmhmahfqujar3/BMW-Professional-CCC-v20-Australia.rar?dl=0

Password for the .rar compressed file is: BMW_Pro_v20

Extact the .rar file using a program such as WinRAR to obtain the .iso image file, and write the .iso file to a DVD. Use the slowest burn speed possible. Works in my E63 2007 MY08 M6.

Enjoy :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lol I already use my phone instead of the sat nav... and will prob use my phone even after the upgrade but I just want it if its free lollll

1 - 19 of 19 Posts