BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 88 Posts

· Registered
4,075 Posts
Thanks for the video. The more video of E46 M3 with supercharger, it just make me want to get one. Just wish VF could make one for E60 at affordable price.:thumbsup:

· Registered
334 Posts
Nice videos Scott! That a way to make me look bad!

Scott's M3 is fast, but I have to admit there was some driver error with me hitting my rev limiter on one of those runs.
He beat you in both of the intial runs, did you only hit the rev limiter in one run or both? He seemend to pull better in the 2nd of the intial vids. Did you guys start in a higher gear in those last runs? The higher the start the better the M5 will do, as you know they are absolute highway beasts up top.

Good vids guys. :)

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
He beat you in both of the intial runs, did you only hit the rev limiter in one run or both? He seemend to pull better in the 2nd of the intial vids. Did you guys start in a higher gear in those last runs? The higher the start the better the M5 will do, as you know they are absolute highway beasts up top.

Good vids guys. :)
The 4 runs that were posted were all 3rd gear starts, don't remember what speed but we were both pretty high rpm, maybe 5k or so. There are minimum speed limits be observed, as you know :hihi:, which makes starting at lower speeds on the autobahn more challenging. Either way I own both cars, and the M5 is a lot faster no matter where you start. The M3 will make more power at peak rpm, but torque curve is very different.

I filled my M3 with RACE FUEL yesterday, I was at about 1/8 tank and I filled it full. The car is a lot faster, I think a stock M5 will lose vs race fuel, darren's M5 will kill me. He had some custom exhaust work done this week that netted his already insanely fast car another 20 whp.

· Registered
334 Posts
The SC'd M3 is no match? I pulled on a 997TT and an M6 on pump with the beta tune. Scott you're trying to tell us that Q just learned how to drive tonight? I thought he was killing you before? I thought his car was a freak M5 as well, did he not say that? If he was hitting the rev limiter on every shift you'd be gone lol, again did he hit the rev limiter on every shift in both of the intial runs? He said in just one of the runs he hit the rev limiter. 3rd gear starts the M5 will do better, from 2nd gear rolls you should get the jump and hold it, higher speeds the M5 does exceptional.

Alot faster? You were right there, lol. BTW, if you want to destroy your friends M5's add some race fuel, even the HPF cars on pump with stock internals won't pull away on an M5 or M6. :) On race fuel it would be gone for sure though.

It seems the SC'd M3 would win on race fuel? No kidding, how about a stage 1 on race fuel about even with Kenny's heavily modded M5? Darren's M5 trapped 117 MPH, Q trapped 117MPH as well, not bad but on race fuel you should easily top that, I hit 123MPH, run him on pure MS109, even with his new exhaust you should win, but it seems the results change with each day, lol. :haha: Regardless it's good to see that you're running ALOT better, happy for you Bro, what do you think did the trick?

· Registered
334 Posts
Here is a vid of me on 91 taking out a modded M5:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF-CKtgAaNc

Here is an older vid I found of Drew on 91 taking out a M5:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FE1DDe39aU
haha, good times Mike, in the 1st vid the VF Stage 1 on some spicy race fuel, is a tad slower than Kenny's modded M5 up top, on pump fuel Kenny would have beaten the Stage 1 M3 rather easily. Mspired's car is in the last race, the white AA Stage 3 M3.

In the 2nd vid of me vs. the lightly modded M5, I was running a beta tune at 7.5 psi. Very close runs however, the M5 sounds unreal!

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Guys,

I have refrained from further posting my info on the M3forum as no one there is the least bit interested in anything that contradicts their personal illusions about their supercharged M3's.

My two posts yesterday, while factual, illustrate beyond question the above statement. F/I section on the M3forum is leading around a herd of sheep. Closing threads and deleting posts that may be viewed as unfavorable to sponsors of a "public opinion forum" may be the norm on the M3Forum, but I highly doubt you will receive the same favors here.

The information I have posted on the M3Forum about my 370 whp supercharged M3 is based on extensive testing and conlusions derived with the assistance of darren_dallas, and others that frequent this board.

Youz two guys have <30 posts here. If you want to come in and try and argue your case here please proceed.

· Registered
28 Posts
Guys,

I have refrained from further posting my info on the M3forum as no one there is the least bit interested in anything that contradicts their personal illusions about their supercharged M3's.

My two posts yesterday, while factual, illustrate beyond question the above statement. F/I section on the M3forum is leading around a herd of sheep. Closing threads and deleting posts that may be viewed as unfavorable to sponsors of a "public opinion forum" may be the norm on the M3Forum, but I highly doubt you will receive the same favors here.

The information I have posted on the M3Forum about my 370 whp supercharged M3 is based on extensive testing and conlusions derived with the assistance of darren_dallas, and others that frequent this board.

Youz two guys have <30 posts here. If you want to come in and try and argue your case here please proceed.
Wow, I thought you were a stand up guy at first, with just a chip on his shoulder... but you have proven to be... a prick....

We have both been HELPING you and congratulating you along the way, yet throughout it all, it has seemed you have been very unappreciative.

You feel that only YOUR tests are valid and everything else is just bullsh1t? You're right, we go out and make false runs and get kicks out of it!

Argue with you? The vids I posted were to show you whats possible, they are FACT, not bullsh1t like you make it out to be.... Why are you so defensive? It seems that you actually like M5's better and actually WANT the VF car to "not be as great".

What does the number of posts have to do with anything? Childish comment.....

· Registered
334 Posts
Guys,

That was an odd response Scott, but I'll give it a shot as it seems you are not a bit interested in anything that contradicts your personal illusions about other people's SC'd M3's as well.

You got me all wrong, I wish you would continue to post on M3forum, and I have no illusions about my supercharged M3 Bro, I've done plenty of vids, timeslips, dyno's etc. as much as you say you respect me, I find that hard to believe when you assume I'm delusional about my M3, lol, but maybe I'm being sensitive. It may contradict your experiences but that hardly means they're illlusions, it seems we have a pattern from you that often contradicts itself with your car, so I don't think you can blame people for being confused or questioning some of your outcomes.

It seems your M3 has gotten ALOT faster since that 450WHP dyno, and that your intial thoughts about your car were wrong, again what was it? You post up a vid of you pulling on Q, everyone says "told you so" and then film another with an excuse that he doesn't know how to shift his car, yet in prior posts his car destroyed you by 5 CLth's trapped 117MPH like Darren's heavily modded M5? Who's got illusions here? I think questions I asked were fair, but it's the same pattern here as it was on M3forum, your Dallas cronies answered none of them.

Wait I thought you cringed when you read the post that Q started, and so wouldn't you be happy that was deleted? What other threads are you talking about? The other thread was going no where so they closed it and don't the most recent results debunk it anyway? If not why did Q start a thread apologizing to VF?

I thought you made 450WHP on a dynojet? It's interesting when you made 360 on the DD's you were getting destroyed by M5's, then when you made 450WhP on a DJ you beat Q, and everyone said, "told you so", then you make another vid, explaining that Q was hitting the rev limiter hard? He said one run, you said both, just want a clarification, why didn' you post that on M3forum as well?

Scott you know us from the other forum, how many posts we have here is irrelevant. I highly doubt M5 owners will blindly back you up without looking at other demonstrations of what SC'd M3's can do, we drive SC'd M3's and you're annoyed that we posted on your thread? One of your first responses from Aram, thought you were me, lol.

I'm open for any discussion, I don't need any back up here, etc. is that why you posted here instead of m3forum because no one was backing you up there? And why is that?

There's nothing to argue, really it seems we have slightly different results, but not by much even in the last two vids it's very close with you and Q, I mean you guys got to some high speeds and you were right there! Kinda contradicts you saying the M5 is alot faster, damn close on pump, and I bet if you ran him in the 1/4 mile you'd get him. :)

BTW got your message, I'll call you tomorrow, if you'd like to continue this discussion. If not I think you've demonstrated that your M3 is making more than 370WHP and is right there with M5's on pump fuel, on race fuel you'll do even better. :)

· Registered
1,399 Posts
DLS,

Several of the items you pointed out in your post are just flat out incorrect. Here's a quick run down of the list:

1. The vids you watched where Scott beat Q only shows about 1/3 of the runs we did that night. I started with my 225 lb body in Scott's M3 and filmed Q crushing Scott and me in his S/C M3. Also, once I worked with Q on shifting the M5 properly he crushed Scott everytime.

Scott is posting those videos to have some fun with Q and his friends at this point. The videos were not made after the dynojet pull which just took place yesterday. I personally filmed those videos on my camera over 2 weeks ago.

2. If Scott's S/C M3 cannot beat a stock M5 which has roughly 410-412 rwhp, then there is no way it's making even 415 rwhp, much less 450 rwhp.

3. Regarding the deleted posts...I believe Scott asked Q to lighten up on the posting language to ensure a clean M3forum. Q, being a good friend and truly a nice guy, did the right thing and retracted his comments and apologized I believe (I haven't read the posts, just heard that he was going to do this). Scott's comments regarding the deleted posts though was referring to other threads on this topic that got locked and specific posts that were magically deleted within the thread.

My concern would be around sponor influence versus freedom of speech. I think that crosses the line and I would guess it bothered Scott as well.

4. While I can't tell you if the entire M5board will back Scott, there's plenty of smart people on this forum and they will make up their own minds. I can tell you however that Scott is a respected member of this community (both on the M5board and locally in the DFW ///M club circle). So if you want to try to discredit Scott you'll have to do better than your little post which is full inaccuracies.

At the end of the day, I believe Scott was just looking for some healthy advice, information, and support on the M3forum. At this point he's now trying to have fun and make the best of the situation.

He's truly a good guy with a lot of integrity. For you and a few others to have turned on him in this way is just unbelievable.

Regards,

Darren

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thanks for the video. The more video of E46 M3 with supercharger, it just make me want to get one. Just wish VF could make one for E60 at affordable price.:thumbsup:
Many, including Darren have asked VF to make a kit for the E60. At this point I don't think VF sees enough kits sold to put in the R&D.

· Registered
334 Posts
DLS,

Several of the items you pointed out in your post are just flat out incorrect. Here's a quick run down of the list:

1. The vids you watched where Scott beat Q only shows about 1/3 of the runs we did that night. I started with my 225 lb body in Scott's M3 and filmed Q crushing Scott and me in his S/C M3. Also, once I worked with Q on shifting the M5 properly he crushed Scott everytime.
Let me correct you Darren.

He crushed him? In those vids Scott is right there until very high speeds, no? When you ran the 997TT that is an example of getting crushed. There were runs before that night in which Q said he beat Scott by 5 CLth's? Big difference than those vids Darren.

Scott is posting those videos to have some fun with Q and his friends at this point. The videos were not made after the dynojet pull which just took place yesterday. I personally filmed those videos on my camera over 2 weeks ago.
These video's took place two weeks ago and he is just now posting them? Makes zero sense that Q didn't know how to drive when there's other vids of him driving where he seems to drive just fine. In those first pulls, you can hear Q and the cameraman, I guess it's you, yelling and suprised at how Scott is pulling. Kinda odd that you guys would shoot a vid of him pulling Q to take a hit at him, or suprise him with it on the forum, with him driving his own car, what's the point of it? In that case it was staged? Sorry don't buy that he was hitting the rev limiter in both runs, he even stated such, and he's proved his car can trap as high was yours. So all those vids were shot the same night?

2. If Scott's S/C M3 cannot beat a stock M5 which has roughly 410-412 rwhp, then there is no way it's making even 415 rwhp, much less 450 rwhp.
He made 450 on a dynojet, you of all people should know Darren peak power is not King, nor is paper racing, it is the power over the curve, you make more peak power than a 997TT yet you got beat by one BAD. Pump vs. pump those runs looked very close with Q and D, only at higher speeds did Q pull, 2nd gear roll would be much better and unless those vids were staged, the rev limiter excuse is BS, he did beat a modded M5, remember Q has an exhaust. :)

3. Regarding the deleted posts...I believe Scott asked Q to lighten up on the posting language to ensure a clean M3forum. Q, being a good friend and truly a nice guy, did the right thing and retracted his comments and apologized I believe (I haven't read the posts, just heard that he was going to do this). Scott's comments regarding the deleted posts though was referring to other threads on this topic that got locked and specific posts that were magically deleted within the thread.

My concern would be around sponor influence versus freedom of speech. I think that crosses the line and I would guess it bothered Scott as well.
Sponsers can't delete posts, mods do, again Scott and you guys seem to alude that there was some kind of collusion with a sponser and the mods against you guys, as well as the rest of the forum, this just isn't the case.

4. While I can't tell you if the entire M5board will back Scott, there's plenty of smart people on this forum and they will make up their own minds. I can tell you however that Scott is a respected member of this community (both on the M5board and locally in the DFW ///M club circle). So if you want to try to discredit Scott you'll have to do better than your little post which is full inaccuracies.
I like Scott, don't see much differences between us in our love for cars, have talked to him plenty via PM's, haven't chatted yet on the phone but I suspect we will. I AM NOT TRYING TO DISCREDIT SCOTT, if anything he's trying to discredit my results, lol, it seems his M3 is just a little slower than mine, is that unusual? You've posted plenty of vids are all the cars the same? Results may vary, but he's not far from what these cars do. Nice Try Darren, I thought you were a little more level headed than that, but I back my friends too so I can't blame you. Full of inaccuracies, lmao, you have not pointed out any substantial inacuracies in my post, except maybe some fine points, that do not change the events.

At the end of the day, I believe Scott was just looking for some healthy advice, information, and support on the M3forum. At this point he's now trying to have fun and make the best of the situation.

He's truly a good guy with a lot of integrity. For you and a few others to have turned on him in this way is just unbelievable.

Regards,

Darren
Never turned on him, just talking shop, just like you, Q or Scott, I'm adding my experiences and results to the party. Stick to the facts, I'm not on a character assasination mission, lol. Just car talk. I've tried to help him the entire time, NEVER was I part of the "told you so" Klan, or did I say he was on some agenda. YOU GUYS made the "fishy" and conspiracy comments and later apologized for it on M3forum, at least everyone but you.

You got one thing right, looks like he's having some fun now and his car is running much better than it intially was, this is good to see. :)

11.5 at 123MPH Stage 2 VF M3, beat it Darren, until then your interpretation of the kit is wrong.

Try some other pulls, run him in the 1/4 mile on race fuel we'll see who gets crushed. I suspect if he drives it right even on pump he'll take you, 117 MPH for all the mods you have is decent but not a huge improvement over stock, but he should be right there or best you in the 1/4, 3rd gear highway rolls are not the only claim to fame, but no doubt that is where the E60 M5 really shines and weight is less of a factor.

Nothing personal Darren, love your vids, your comparo's and your passion for cars, we just have some disagreements. :)

· Registered
4,075 Posts
Can we all just get along? Both s/c E46 M3 and E60 M5 are great, but has each own advantage. Two different animals. i think M3 is quicker in mid range due to lighter weight and f/i and we all know M5 gearing suit best at high speed and that what it design for. In the end, both are great, just the choice/style

· Registered
7,447 Posts
Yeah, let's go talk sh!t about Mercedes owners instead. :)

· Registered
7,447 Posts
Yeah, let's go talk sh!t about Mercedes owners instead. :)
Okay, I know there are plenty of Mercedes owners on this board so how about we go flame some Honda owners? hmmm

· Registered
334 Posts
Can we all just get along? Both s/c E46 M3 and E60 M5 are great, but has each own advantage. Two different animals. i think M3 is quicker in mid range due to lighter weight and f/i and we all know M5 gearing suit best at high speed and that what it design for. In the end, both are great, just the choice/style
I think that's a pretty good assessment Kenny, and I flat love your M5 Bro, amazing machine. I will try and make it down on the 20th, possibly with some other enthsiasts! :cheers:

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Drew,

Chill out man. We're having fun here. I'll post up a vid of my M3 beating my buddie's Ford GT if that will make you feel better?

21 - 40 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.