BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
M5 has two passengers, M3 is solo. darren_dallas is co-pilot and giving advanced driving instructions in the M5 (which explains the results), piloted by none other than the drift king himself, QS06M5. Enjoy.

Update: I'm messing with Q for breaking balls on the M3 boards posting darren killing my M3. Don't get me wrong, the M3 is fast but reality is that it is no match for an E60 M5. (assuming the M3 is running pump fuel, race gas is a whole other story) The first two videos illustrate the main reason anyone catches a video of a car in front of an M5, driver error. Q is good sport for agreeing to let me use his runs for educational purposes, educating the public about the misconception that they beat an M5 because their car is faster. In the first two vids Q was banging the rev limiter, hard. He told Darren he thought his cue to shift was the HUD flashing. Darren gave Q a quick shifting tutorial and the results of vids 3 and 4 are realistic comparison between the two cars. Also keep in mind, the M5 is 400 lbs heavier (than my M3) and has two 200+ lb occupants. I am < 200 and was alone in the M3. The M5 has a weight disadvantage of 600 lbs, and properly driven.. well watch and see.

M5 hitting rev limiter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gquiLA05hT8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC3mJkTBJXk

M5 shifting without hitting rev limiter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXO3smYBSvo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6WZ-RRkSUY

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice runs! Is that Drew's beast? I cant believe how fast his car has gotten
no, I'm sorry that is not Drew's car, Drew is in socal, that is my M3 and I live and drive in Canada on the QEW. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no comments from others? :dunno:

·
Registered
930 Posts
Obviously Darren has gained a lot of weight! Either that or the stage II kit is putting out some Hp.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
The best part about that video is the title that says: "for educational purposes" haha. Good video, thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Good work Scott!

Nice to see your M3 hanging with the new M5's (especially with all the fuss you've been through with the VF kit.)

Congrats!

- Tim

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Nice vid...how about a rematch with the same number of passenger in each car.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Nice videos Scott! That a way to make me look bad!

Scott's M3 is fast, but I have to admit there was some driver error with me hitting my rev limiter on one of those runs.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Nice videos! Good runs! :thumbsup:

Dave

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Thanks for sharing the vids Scott.

So the M5 only has the E-race right?

Did you get a chance to re-run Darren's car?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for sharing the vids Scott.

So the M5 only has the E-race right?

Did you get a chance to re-run Darren's car?
I haven't run vs Darren again. He recently had some extensive custom exhaust work done (right after he got the nice view of the back of my M3). I'll run Darren's beast but only if Qdog is driving. :grinyes:

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
I haven't run vs Darren again. He recently had some extensive custom exhaust work done (right after he got the nice view of the back of my M3). I'll run Darren's beast but only if Qdog is driving. :grinyes:
WTH?? More exhaust work? What the heck is he up to? :confused:ouich

And wait, the videos I saw of you running against Darren were of you seeing Darren's behind. haha Did I miss more videos?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Scott,

It seems that there is some progress from your last video.
I am going to dyno my M5 and Eugene's supercharged M3 tomorrow. Hopefully the results help the troubleshooting.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WTH?? More exhaust work? What the heck is he up to? :confused:ouich

And wait, the videos I saw of you running against Darren were of you seeing Darren's behind. haha Did I miss more videos?
Darren was filming the run (with Q driving)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update

More videos were added, please revisit the OP

1 - 20 of 88 Posts