BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->After sending a two Emails starting December 20th to: Dani.Andriacchi@magnadon.com requisting a form to get my defective mirror replaced called Dani’s number,
I leaving a voice mail message and even tried a fax.

Today made one last try at a call to Dani- there was a recorded message on her number (616-786-5115) that stated it was not a working number.

A Google search indicated that Magna Donnelly has a new President as of January 1st, so perhaps they have decided to stop replacing those expensive mirrors when they bubble up.

Does anyone has a working contact number to request a replacement?
Thanx

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here is anothe contact that worked earlier this week.

The other number I have is for Steve Chenlo (in the warranty department) and it worked earlier this week.

616 786-7495

The last email I sent to Dani Andriacchi was blocked. :mad:

Also here is their mailing address:

3575 128th Ave
Holland, MI 49424

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
The other number I have is for Steve Chenlo (in the warranty department) and it worked earlier this week.

616 786-7495

The last email I sent to Dani Andriacchi was blocked. :mad:

Also here is their mailing address:

3575 128th Ave
Holland, MI 49424

Sounds like you guys may have missed the proverbial boat. Anybody know what a new one costs?

·
Registered
30 Posts
You would be surprise by the expense and effort I will apply to this.

An admittedly defective part has leaked toxic materials inside my car and the rear view mirror is now a potential safety hazard.

I also keep good legal representation on retainer just in case.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I'm looking at replacing mine sometime in the near future. Dealer here in Atlanta priced it at $706.....ummm I don't think so. I'll be looking elsewhere.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Had the same problem with getting in touch. I sent an email and left a message. No return phone call.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Had the same problem with getting in touch. I sent an email and left a message. No return phone call.
Same here, I'm thinking we just missed this opportunity.

·
10,456 Posts
realistically, how long do you guys think a company has to replace parts that are out of warranty?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
You would be surprise by the expense and effort I will apply to this.

An admittedly defective part has leaked toxic materials inside my car and the rear view mirror is now a potential safety hazard.

I also keep good legal representation on retainer just in case.
Most of us just got lucky here, Magna Donnelly did us a favor. Your car is out of warranty. What did you expect? You sound like they MUST replace your mirror.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
realistically, how long do you guys think a company has to replace parts that are out of warranty?
On a part with no known issues I expect they will "do the right thing" as it relates to warranty. If something breaks at 60,001 miles on a 60k warranty I expect help. At 100K I don't expect anything.

On a known defective part I expect a recall or I expect them to replace it whenever it breaks. If you know you made a defective product up front then you should fix it up front.

d-

·
10,456 Posts
On a known defective part I expect a recall or I expect them to replace it whenever it breaks. If you know you made a defective product up front then you should fix it up front.

d-
so, why aren't everyone's mirrors failing if they are a known defective part?

Mine is almost 8 years old, 98k miles, no issues.
Then again, the mirror in my e34 is almost 18 years old, and it won't fail, because it's just a mirror.

In my business, if i have a warranty issue on a product, i am the one to take care of the product, then go to my vendor if i think there is a case. I don't send people straight to the vendor. I assume bmw has washed their hands of this?

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
so, why aren't everyone's mirrors failing if they are a known defective part?

Mine is almost 8 years old, 98k miles, no issues.
Then again, the mirror in my e34 is almost 18 years old, and it won't fail, because it's just a mirror.

In my business, if i have a warranty issue on a product, i am the one to take care of the product, then go to my vendor if i think there is a case. I don't send people straight to the vendor. I assume bmw has washed their hands of this?
C'mon, don't be silly. Every single one of the failures is of the same manner - that is what is called a known defect. Ten different failure methods is not. We've all been here long enough to know that every one of these fails the same way, and as such, should be handled.

I don't know if BMW has knowingly said F* It or not, but if they did, I think that is nonsense as well...

d-

·
Registered
71 Posts
I too, have had two emails ignored since late December.

And remember this issue was not unique to BMWs, they've also been replacing mirrors for other brands, notably Acuras from the early 2000s as well. Exactly the same issue.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was contacted by them yesterday and was told a different company is now handling the replacements.

Here is the email address they gave me - [email protected]

I already sent an email to them and will let everyone know the results. I was told to expect to pay $75.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I was contacted by them yesterday and was told a different company is now handling the replacements.

Here is the email address they gave me - [email protected]

I already sent an email to them and will let everyone know the results. I was told to expect to pay $75.
That is still very reasonable.....I am impressed they even deal with the end user. I cant imagine Bosch,Getrag, or the folks that make the ever failing plastic radiators for BMW even consider standing behind their product this way.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
great post..!!! :cheers::cheers:

My mirror started to show some sign (although not too obvious yet), the car is always garaged and currently only 32k on the odometer. So this is definitely defective part. I would expect the mirrors last longer than this.

This is information is going to be handy by the time I am replacing mine.

Regardz,

J Irwan

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
great post..!!! :cheers::cheers:

My mirror started to show some sign (although not too obvious yet), the car is always garaged and currently only 32k on the odometer. So this is definitely defective part. I would expect the mirrors last longer than this.

This is information is going to be handy by the time I am replacing mine.

Regardz,

J Irwan
If your mirror is already "showing signs" of failure...I would get on this ASAP. This continues to be a "goodwill" gesture on the manufacturer's part...it could be stopped at any time. Our beasts are getting a little long in the tooth, and I don't see this kind of support lasting forever. IMHO, you should get this replacement done before it runs out.

Brian

·
Registered
114 Posts
sybesmas

My nephew (who is reading over my shoulder) says they are in michigan somewhere that his comapany uses them to remanufacture some electronic parts but they do also do product failure analysis and a bunch of other stuff.

All I know is I am sending an E-mail right a way mine is getting bad and I was planning to just go ahead and buy a new one but $75.00 is alot more reasonable to me. just thought I would pass what he said on.....

1 - 20 of 215 Posts