BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In light with the current situation that we have right now...I have asked Bugzy to take down the M-fest.com website since Wednesday, I love this forum and respect it's members alot and don't want to drag this thing any further than what we have right now and sicerely apologize if there was some mis communication...so to make it easy on everybody and the parties concerned from this point on I will open up an Mfest website on my own (no Bugzy or Gustav involved) with no drama and politics in it...But I will welcome them to the Mfest site and probably cross promote the "EVENT"...Hope this will resolve everybody's concern and be able to move on from this...

Thanks,
Laidback

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Sounds good, I am not sure of all the details that have been going on, just found some interesting posts on the threads. It sounds like you are taking a proactive approach to fixing the situation, I applaud that and anyone else who helped.

MFest was a blast and look forward to doing it again. Wish you best of luck and can't wait to see the new site. There is always room for another good site.

g

Reactions: Laidback

·
Registered
210 Posts
~ MFest & M5Board ~

In light with the current situation that we have right now...I have asked Bugzy to take down the M-fest.com website since Wednesday, I love this forum and respect it's members alot and don't want to drag this thing any further than what we have right now and sicerely apologize if there was some mis communication...so to make it easy on everybody and the parties concerned from this point on I will open up an Mfest website on my own (no Bugzy or Gustav involved) with no drama and politics in it...But I will welcome them to the Mfest site and probably cross promote the "EVENT"...Hope this will resolve everybody's concern and be able to move on from this...

Thanks,
Laidback

cherrsagai:flag::M5thumbs::flag:cherrsagai

:typing: At the beginning I did heard some of this and that, but I am also sure there are many miscommunication :nono: that lead to current situation we all are facing right now. :dunno: But in respect to all the members and all the administrators here. I think it is a proactive approach to fix the current situation by :applause: having the MFest site of your own to resolve all the concerns everybodies have. Plus, we all still can cross promote the "EVENT" to all the "///M Power" royalty owner. :M5thumbs:

THANK YOU :thankyou: LaidBack and others for putting out his energy and effort to the great MFest event. :cheers:

:usa: ~~ PEACE ~~ :sweden:

:viking2:FEARLESS LEADER:viking2:

:applause::clap::applause: :clap::applause:
:applause::clap::applause::clap::applause:
:applause::clap::applause::clap::applause:​

Attachments

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Yep.....

Sounds good, I am not sure of all the details that have been going on, just found some interesting posts on the threads. It sounds like you are taking a proactive approach to fixing the situation, I applaud that and anyone else who helped.

MFest was a blast and look forward to doing it again. Wish you best of luck and can't wait to see the new site. There is always room for another good site.

g
+1 I remember we discussed this "solution" during Sunday evening dinner @ Mfest. IMO, you're absolutely going the right way. 'Talk to you soon.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Kudos to you Chris...that was like Obama taking a stand...

I think whomever does not participate in Mfest is seriously missing out....!

We anxiously await the new mfest website...I will be the first to join!

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One of the aims of the site will be to be able to cross promote each other and do alot of meets here in the U.S and abroad eventually, i hope that we will all be on the same page from this board and all the other forums that support and hopefully will support Mfest events in the future...let's keep the "Camaraderie" going...

·
Registered
317 Posts
All politics and BS aside, M5board is an enormous entity that things such as Mfest can get lost in this vastness. IMHO, Mfest deserves its own identity but above all else, it requires a certain focus and attention to keep its forward momentum. FWIW, I think having a Mfest website is the next step in the right direction.

Maybe now, the proper attention can be directed toward growing and maintaining Mfest as an unique event and all things relevant to its participants.

My 2 cents!!!
David.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Personally I had felt that M5Board could be a home to Mfest- from a technical (web) perspective, as well as from a business perspective.

I still do.

I've spoken (phone, not PM) at length with Gustav and Chris- on the issues that arose as Mfest was born, as well as potential solutions that might keep Mfest here where it was born. I still hope that this may come to pass, but if not (and it appears that it is becoming less likely), so be it.

The M owner community is still a solid community and I would support the community in whatever form it takes, here or elsewhere.

Best

Adam

·
Registered
756 Posts
Chris, thanks for the post, you couldn't have said it better and i am glad this is the route you are taking. Like others have mentioned, M5board is a massive site and Mfest can quite easily get lost in it. Mfest this year was the first of its kind and I cant wait to see what is in store for the next Mfest. I know how much you put into Mfest and know how much the event meant to you and everyone that attended/would have liked to attend. I am glad you are opting for cross promotion as a lot of us are regulars of M5board.com and we have all made great friendships here, benefited from the resources, made use of the wealth of knowledge from all the members. That said, I came to realize after coming back from Mfest that Mfest represented a lot more people than just those from M5board.com and by making a separate site that you can make available to enthusiasts from all forums and anywhere else, you will not step on any toes and more importantly it will be easier to keep track of everything Mfest. We(the M crowd at large) are a very tight-knit group of enthusiasts that make sites likes this and events like Mfest as great as they are. I say lets keep it that way!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Chris, thanks for the post, you couldn't have said it better and i am glad this is the route you are taking. Like others have mentioned, M5board is a massive site and Mfest can quite easily get lost in it. Mfest this year was the first of its kind and I cant wait to see what is in store for the next Mfest. I know how much you put into Mfest and know how much the event meant to you and everyone that attended/would have liked to attend. I am glad you are opting for cross promotion as a lot of us are regulars of M5board.com and we have all made great friendships here, benefited from the resources, made use of the wealth of knowledge from all the members. That said, I came to realize after coming back from Mfest that Mfest represented a lot more people than just those from M5board.com and by making a separate site that you can make available to enthusiasts from all forums and anywhere else, you will not step on any toes and more importantly it will be easier to keep track of everything Mfest. We(the M crowd at large) are a very tight-knit group of enthusiasts that make sites likes this and events like Mfest as great as they are. I say lets keep it that way!:cheers:
I agree, the audience is so much larger than just the M5board.

Thanks Chris !!

the event is awesome, and i cant wait for the next one !!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I too have talked at length with Laidback on the topic of starting ///M Fest's own website & think it is great. Coming from the M3Forum & Bimmerfest, I was never on the M5Board until I heard about ///M Fest because I didn't own a M5. Adding to what Laidback has already mentioned about what will be seen & talked about on the new ///M Fest website, it will be clearer to everyone involved that ONLY ///M Fest related events will be discussed on the site to continue the Commroderie that the first ///M Fest was based solely upon! As discussed in length with Chris, the new ///M Fest website will hopefully open everyones eyes to the truth about what the original ///M Fest was about...that is it is a group of BMW owners that are looking for & enjoy spending time with each other, a group I personally hope to remain close friends with for the rest of my life. We plan to not just do BMW meets, but have BBQs at each others houses, go to the go-cart track together, have a beach day & bonfire involving possibly wiffleball, volleyball, etc., do many more drives for the hell of it. Those who join the site will finally appreciate what Laidback has done in laying the foundation for a life long friendship amongst fellow BMW enthusiests. I am proud to be a part of all this & very proud to have met a lot of wonderful people through this common thread of owning a BMW.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Well it looks to be settled then, and given all that's happened and the life of its own that Chris has given Mfest, probably for the best. The m5board won't miss a beat, but for sure the Mfest is on an unstoppable upward trajectory!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
The buzz has begun, and positive talk of M Fest continues to spread far beyond the attendees and participants. Great job on a fun and well executed event. No doubt, that next year will be huge, with the increasing visibility and awareness.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.