BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna buy my pads from Questmead (Mintex), but he doesn't have them listed.

What I usually do in these instances is to take a pad out, draw around it and fax it to him. He then identifies what pads I need.

Being the lazy sod that I am, I'd rather not jack the car up, take the wheel off, take a pad out, draw around it and then reverse the procedure!!

So - does anyone have a old pad (out of car) which they could draw around and fax/email to me?

Mine's a six speed big brake car - 1994.

I'd be internally grateful if someone could assist!

Cheers,

R

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
It's the same pad as on the later 850csi if that helps - I'll see if I can find the picture on the Mintex/Pagid/Ferodo sites.

- this is NOT it!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Rob Plummer said:
Cheers Tony,

Is that pic the actual pad? (not to scale of course!)
According to Ferodo, yes - I can't remember what they look like off the top of my head though, but I did remember that it was the 8-series one, as their M5 one lists the same pad for 1988-1995 and nothing different for 1994-1996 models!

However, I have just found the Mintex one (06/1994-01/1997) I used to have and it looks like this...

Which seems much more familiar to me ??????

This is the Mintex pad for the 1988-1994 M5...

·
Registered
395 Posts
Mmm-Five said:
According to Ferodo, yes - I can't remember what they look like off the top of my head though, but I did remember that it was the 8-series one, as their M5 one lists the same pad for 1988-1995 and nothing different for 1994-1996 models!

However, I have just found the Mintex one (06/1994-01/1997) I used to have and it looks like this...

Which seems much more familiar to me ??????

This is the Mintex pad for the 1988-1994 M5...
Rob,

Alan's lost the plot!! He managed to get me a set no problem. Tell him to send you the same ones he sent me (Craig Matheson). The pads are squarish in shape similar to the top picture. Get the M1155's you won't regret it.

Craig

1 - 7 of 7 Posts