BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I feel my car like floating/unstable while driving on highway past 80mph. What could it be? I was suspecting I need to replace FCAB but any other opinions? Car currently at 80,000 miles .

Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Recently I feel my car like floating/unstable while driving on highway past 80mph. What could it be? I was suspecting I need to replace FCAB but any other opinions? Car currently at 80,000 miles .

Thanks

Wheel balancing is often overlooked. Happened with my 2010 Camaro SS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts

Thanks
Are your tires ( front or rear ) wearing quickly? My alignment was out on one of my other cars in the rear and it felt like it was floating all of the time till I aligned them. I suspect as the weight would shift when making slight steering adjustments, it would put more load on the other wheel and try to change the direction of the car slightly...the faster I moved the steering wheel back and forth, the worse it was.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Are your tires ( front or rear ) wearing quickly? My alignment was out on one of my other cars in the rear and it felt like it was floating all of the time till I aligned them. I suspect as the weight would shift when making slight steering adjustments, it would put more load on the other wheel and try to change the direction of the car slightly...the faster I moved the steering wheel back and forth, the worse it was.

Yes, alignment 100%. That and a full road force wheel balance. The car will drive smoothly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Get the car on a lift or at least jack up the fronts and rears to try and inspect bushings. At 80mph, an M5 should feel planted. There are a lot of suspension pieces and honestly, the easiest thing to do would be to get under there and try and move some of the arms around or do a visual inspection. Torn control arm bushings could do that.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I’ll definitely check my aligment and put on a lift to see if anything needs to be addressed.

:thankyou::thankyou:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts