BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I saw many posts that tells that if disconnect speed limiter modul the car have problems - I have problem with overfueling , bad idle and not good acceleration and my speed limiter ( cruise control ) is not at car , please tell me what problems may I have ?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
KAMIKADZE said:
Hi
I saw many posts that tells that if disconnect speed limiter modul the car have problems - I have problem with overfueling , bad idle and not good acceleration and my speed limiter ( cruise control ) is not at car , please tell me what problems may I have ?
I've removed the entire speed limiter motor, cable and unplugged it by the intake. No problems with poor running.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Has your problem began when you did it ???

So if not you can check for MAF sensor and lambda sensor ... that can be the most common failure

·
Registered
118 Posts
The funny thing is that your A/F Ratio is not that rich ...

Do not change it yet, try to clean it with isorpopyl alcohol, I have this kind of problem all the time with my Turbo cars.
The point is do you have K&N filter panel or free flow ???
Ok, try not to oil it much, let it gt very dry before put back on and clean the MAF. Do not touch the wire just let it soak in Isopropyl alcohol.

Regards, Eduardo

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
AFR is tooo rich i think for M5 stock engine stock is about 13,5:1 at wot mine is at cold temps 11,5:1 at warm temps 10:1 !!!
I use 120mm JR cone filter
I am going in MAF to MAP setup with piggyback and different airbox ... then shoot the N2O

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ok you are right ,,, very rich, about the piggyback, which one are you going to use ??? how the convertion to MAP works,
My S2 uses MAP and MAF reading... so i really don't know.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I will use SMT6 piggyback - it manipulate the MAF signal so I can adjust the signal and make it identical when I put 0-5v GM map sensor :
Here you can find info how to :
http://www.idaautomotive.com/changing_over_a_maf_to_a_map_sen.htm

I can now make the signal of MAF sensor good but I think it is too old and can make problems so prefer to go for MAP and big intake like ALPHA N airbox

·
Registered
118 Posts
have you heard about pulleys upgrade and fan delete on E34 M5 ???
I was told that cold air intake does not make much diff in M5

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My car is moded but this maf ....
Here is quick info about how process the MAF error

1/4mile times
2002 year - [email protected]/h ( 2 times [email protected]) ( stock engine not good condition )
2003 year - [email protected]/h ( + chip , port polished head , perfect engine , Jr filter 50kg less car weight )
2004 year - [email protected]/h ( + short gears )
2005 year - [email protected]/h ( long gears , 5kg flywheel , fan delete )

2003 0-200km/h 14sec ( by speedometer )
2005 0-200km/h 19sec ( by speedometer )

2003 100-200km/h in 4th gear 9.5-10sec
2005 100-200km/h in 3th gear 13sec

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.