BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn it, I am just home from a sunday midday cruise with a dented front bumber and broken left headlight. This girl with apparently no license and her mom were practicing driving on public streets: they simply reversed into us from the left side - a totally unavoidable one. They wanted to persuade me to acknowledge the damage was done by the mother. I was nervous and called the police. Poor girl, stupid mom. Great day... :mad:

·
Registered
153 Posts
damn...sorry to hear about that. IMHO, you did the right thing by not going along with the mother's suggestion. i hope your beast gets fixed soon.

·
Registered
370 Posts
wow that sucks... hope your beast get repaired asap

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
IMHO, you did the right thing by not going along with the mother's suggestion. .
I'm not sure I agree... did the mother have insurance? If the girl did NOT and they are poor, you actually might have gotten more from insurance than from them personally. (Here in the US, we are generally covered for damage done by underage children..) Also you could have held off on any 'declaration' as to who was driving until after you saw how they were going to handle the claim.

However, if they were acting sketchy or it seemed that they didn't have any insurance, or the physical evidence was not going to be clear later on, it was prolly best to call the police.

A

PS Weekend driver training seems totally appropriate.... first time drivers need DAYLIGHT! Of course it is never a good time for 'pre-permit' teens to be on public roads.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
They won't pay anything personally. For such and similar cases there's a central insurance agency backed by the government to cover for damages.

I do not even want to imagine what would have happenned if someone got injured. Drivers without licenses belong to school and closed parking lots without any traffic.

I'm not sure I agree... did the mother have insurance? If the girl did NOT and they are poor, you actually might have gotten more from insurance than from them personally. (Here in the US, we are generally covered for damage done by underage children..) Also you could have held off on any 'declaration' as to who was driving until after you saw how they were going to handle the claim.

However, if they were acting sketchy or it seemed that they didn't have any insurance, or the physical evidence was not going to be clear later on, it was prolly best to call the police.

A

PS Weekend driver training seems totally appropriate.... first time drivers need DAYLIGHT! Of course it is never a good time for 'pre-permit' teens to be on public roads.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
i would be totally bum'd.....sorry to hear of this.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
So how many accidents is this?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh no, on your new BMW M5 Touring Individual :(

IS it fixed now?
Not yet, I am taking it next week. Hope they gonna do a flawless job mixing that diopside black paint...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts