BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned on another thread that I've ordered the automatic door opener for my M5 (Sept delivery in Australia). Is this option a waste of time or a useful thing? Has anyone else ordered the same?

·
Registered
70 Posts
we have the universal garage door openner and it is a great option. we have the e60 545i m/paket. it works better than our original grage door openner!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
It's standard in the US. You don't have to clutter up the cabin with garage door and other remotes. I had one button that controlled my exterior lights when I pulled in to the driveway.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
It all depends if you have an electric garage door/gates. A bit pointless if you don't ouich

·
Registered
57 Posts
Oh it gets worse - I've got several sets of electric gates to deal with (office, underground car park etc..) but have never got a universal remote to work them.

You have to have the right sort of signal or something - do you know if the M5's one works on RF and how you program it?

·
Registered
430 Posts
We love it! You have the option to handle 3(!) different garage doors! and its very easy to program and use!

BUT: Never forget to put the key in position II (ready to start engine)

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Is there a way to make the built-in remote work with CodeDodger (rolling code technology) garage door openers made by Overhead Door Company and Genie? These do not send a fixed code but rather a rolling code. The remote needs to be authenticated with the opener for it to be recognized.

Tom

·
Registered
559 Posts
bernhtp said:
Is there a way to make the built-in remote work with CodeDodger (rolling code technology) garage door openers made by Overhead Door Company and Genie? These do not send a fixed code but rather a rolling code. The remote needs to be authenticated with the opener for it to be recognized.

Tom
Yes. Check it out at www.homelink.com and, in particular, http://www.homelink.com/home/keeloq.tml

Best regards,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts