BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys. I've been incredibly busy recently, with school (yup, classes through summer) and work, but I'm still working on my interior-electronics mod plan, among many other things, and things are indeed looking pretty good. Turns out I'll be going a slightly different route scanner-wise though, so I'm putting my recently updated BCD396T Trunking scanner up here in case any of you are interested.

Uniden BCD396T Trunking Scanner
Works Like New
Latest Firmware Just Installed
Very Easy To Program (Instructions Included)
I Will Ship THE Day I Receive Payment, If Before 5PM, and USPS Priority is Free

I have set the price at $375. I do not need to sell this, I am only seeing if I can get what it is really worth.
With the latest firmware, and full accessories, this scanner is as good as new.

This is easily one of the very best handheld scanners on the market. It boasts a 6000 Channel capacity, as well
as Trunk Tracker IV technology, to give you access to all the current bands. Uniden will continue to provide free firmware updates

It can be programmed using FreeScan, a free, and very easy-to-use Windows program. I will include specific instructions to help you get started!
You can download FreeScan here: ScanNow.org - The Home of FreeSCAN!

Send me a message, and I can program any frequencies, or services you would like into it, before shipping. Otherwise it ships with the default settings.

It will ship with the unit, antenna, antenna adapter, and belt clip. Batteries are included.

The BCD396T Includes the Extremely Valuable CloseCall Recognition, to Tune into Near-By Broadcasts

I have used this scanner for almost a full year, and it just keeps getting better (Literally, the Latest Firmware I Put on is like a Brand New Scanner)

Specifications (from RadioReference, and Uniden)

Limits
Channels: 6000 maximum
Systems: 400 maximum
Groups per system: 20 maximum
Talkgroups per trunked system: 200 maximum
Scan Rate: 100 channels per second (conventional mode)
System Quick Key range: 0-99
Group Quick Key range: 0-9
Custom Search Ranges: 10
Preprogrammed Service Search Bands: 12
Frequency Coverage
(North American Model BCD396T)
25.0000 - 512.0000 MHz
764.0000 - 775.9875 MHz
794.0000 - 823.9875 MHz
849.0125 - 868.9875 MHz
894.0125 - 956.0000 MHz
1240.0000 - 1300.0000 MHz
(Australia/New Zealand Model UBCD396T)
25.0000 - 512.0000 MHz
764.0000 - 775.9875 MHz
794.0000 - 956.0000 MHz
1240.0000 - 1300.0000 MHz
Power Requirements
Power requirements: 3 AA batteries, 6V DC, or 800mA AC adapter
Many Car Adapters Also Work
Features
Rebanding supported? YES Currently available with version 3.00 firmware or better
APCO25 Digital Audio decoding
Adaptive Digital Threshold - Automatically sets the digital decode threshold for APCO 25 systems
TrunkTracker IV with Control-Channel Only scanning and I-Call monitoring
Close Call
Close Call Do Not Disturb (with version 3 firmware)
Supported step sizes: 5, 6.25, 7.5, 8.33, 10, 12.5,15, 20, 25, 50 or 100 kHz
Fire Tone Out Alert
Motorola Control Channel Only trunking
DCS/CTCSS Rapid Decode
Scan and (selected) Service Search simultaneously
Frequency/ID AutoStore - automatically store frequencies from a service or limit search into a conventional system or store talk group IDs into a trunked system
16 character text tagging for each system, group, channel, taklgroup, search range, and SAME group
Compatible with BC-RH96 Remote Head
Analog and Digital AGC
Quick Search
12 Service Searches - Public Safety, News, HAM Radio, Marine, Railroad, Air, CB Radio, FRS/GMRS, Racing, TV Broadcast, FM Broadcast, and Special (Itinerant)
Custom Search — lets you program up to 10 search ranges
SAME Weather Alert
Weather Priority
Priority Scan with Priority Plus
Signal Strength display
Battery level display
LCD and Keypad Backlight
Adjustable (0-5 sec) scan delay
Adjustable Hold (scan duration 0-255 sec) per system, custom or service search
Strong signal attenuation
Upgradeadable firmware
Channel Alert
Independent Alert Tone Volume – lets you set the volume level of the following tones: Key Beep, Emergency Alert, Channel Alert, and Close Call Alert.
Repeater Reverse
Broadcast signal ignore while searching (TV and radio station frequencies, pagers, etc)
Quick Recall – quickly navigates to a specific Channel by choosing the System, Group, and Channel.
Duplicate Channel Alert
Data Skip
Key Lock
PC Programming and Control
Wired Cloning
On-Air Cloning
Battery saver
Antenna Connector: SMA
RR System Compatibility
This scanner is compatible with the following Trunking System Types and System Voices used in the RadioReference Database, of course you must verify that the scanner will cover the appropriate frequency range:
System Types:
Motorola Type I
Motorola Type II
Motorola Type IIi Hybrid
Motorola Type II Smartnet
Motorola Type II Smartzone
Motorola Type II Smartzone Omnilink
Motorola Type II VOC
EDACS Standard (Wide)
EDACS Standard Networked
EDACS Narrowband (Narrow)
EDACS Narrowband Networked
EDACS SCAT
EDACS ESK (version 3.0 firmware or later required)
LTR Standard
Project 25 Standard
System Voices:
Analog
Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface
APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive

These Sites Will Provide An Unprecedented Wealth of Information, All For Free:
RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

BCD396T - The RadioReference Wiki

Uniden | A World Without Wires - BCD396T

BCD396T : BCD396T Discussion Group

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can you listen in on the CHP with this?

Yes. Though I should stress that it is your own responsibility to insure that you are operating the scanner within the laws pertaining to your state:deal:, this scanner can be programmed to pick up the CHP frequencies, and, from my own experience with it in similar situations, I believe it would do quite well.

Here is a link to a list of all the frequencies used. It may appear daunting, but as I said, if you use the FreeScan software, it's really very simple. Of course, as I said, I could also pre-program the scanner according to certain requests.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=995

Thanks for inquiring!

-Dave

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
This is EXCEEDINGLY tempting.....

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still available, any interest?

·
Registered
992 Posts
Yes. Though I should stress that it is your own responsibility to insure that you are operating the scanner within the laws pertaining to your state:deal:, this scanner can be programmed to pick up the CHP frequencies, and, from my own experience with it in similar situations, I believe it would do quite well.

Here is a link to a list of all the frequencies used. It may appear daunting, but as I said, if you use the FreeScan software, it's really very simple. Of course, as I said, I could also pre-program the scanner according to certain requests.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=995

Thanks for inquiring!

-Dave
Thanks for the reply, Dave!

I appreciate it. I don't know jack diddly about this stuff but I would like something to listen in on the CHP while I'm driving.

Does it require an external antenna? Or, could one just use it as a portable unit?

Thanks!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the reply, Dave!

I appreciate it. I don't know jack diddly about this stuff but I would like something to listen in on the CHP while I'm driving.

Does it require an external antenna? Or, could one just use it as a portable unit?

Thanks!
No problem. It does not require an external antenna, and I would ship it with a small antenna, which allows the scanner to be fully mobile, and used as a portable unit. That is actually the primary use of this type of handheld scanner, so it will work extremely well even with a small antenna.

I use / used an external antenna, which I got for $20 on ebay, and ran a cable through the interior, which is very easy to do (I'll be posting more about it once I receive some final bits...from Germany, with a fair amount of pictures).

This is the scanner antenna installed:

& in-car (connected to the external antenna)

It will come with the antenna you connect directly, so, as I said, it will be fully mobile. That antenna looks similar to this:

It's about 5 - 6 inches long.

I see you have an E60, which I have not had any experience with in this regard, but I assume the trim removal, in as basic a situation as this, would remain the same. I just used one tool, which I got at autozone for around $8. Haven't had any problems so far.

I've actually spent the last 4 hours doing a variety of things with my interior, and ive only needed that trim tool, and the screwdriver from the trunk kit.

^^That's more or less it's current state. Hardwiring the V1 at the moment, which is also incredibly easy.

This is the trim tool I've been mentioning.

Best,
Dave

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Question please.....will this scanner pick up telephone freq.?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Question please.....will this scanner pick up telephone freq.?

I don't believe it can pick up telephone or cell phone frequencies, in accordance with federal law. I personally don't know, as I have been using the scanner for other purposes, but I remember hearing that a while back.

-Dave

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
$360 Shipped

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
$350 Shipped? I don't want to go any lower, so if it isn't taken at this I'll probably keep it.

Great deal if someone is interested, and, as mentioned above, PM me for any questions or requests, and I should be able to accomodate you.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
------ SOLD ------

1 - 14 of 14 Posts