BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this yesterday on the E39 M5 Owners Group on FB. For those that don't use or refuse to use social media, I don't want you to miss out. The Pegasus and The Unicorn were cozied up in the corner of the shop for the most part of the year. I left them sit on top of each other long enough and they start producing eggs for me.

Solid 6061 Billet Aluminum unicorn eggs, in the form of a front diff bushing.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1450306766.124206.jpg

ImageUploadedByAG Free1450306779.253865.jpg

ImageUploadedByAG Free1450306799.112221.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Or Unicorn Balls, Jed.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
What magical properties will these bestow upon my car?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
If you were one of the cool kids in the FB group, you'd already know ;)

Even Bob is in it (REKIII)!
I don't even have a Facebook account ... Guess I'll go start the car with the garage door down .

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
This would make an awesome stocking stuffer folks! :santasmile2:

TL;DR
Buy from Jed and you won't be disappointed.

I wish I had this when I changed my diff bushings. I wish I held out and got the subframe reinforced too, but that's another long story. I went with the purple powerflex bushing for the front diff (easy Bob...) and was disappointed with how it installed. The instructions I had said to put it in backwards for a start.

Sooo....... when is Jedfest????? I need to come and see the Unicorn Shop.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just go ahead and toss one in the box when you ship out my headers. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Perfect for Easter! What size shop press is needed to press fit this? (in other words, how tight is the tolerance)

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Perfect for Easter! What size shop press is needed to press fit this? (in other words, how tight is the tolerance)

If you plan on removing the entire subframe, then I can see using a shop press to remove old bushing and install this egg. Otherwise, it would be an on-car R&R using something like this. The tolerance is very tight, but a tool like this is enough to push it in place.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1450493096.766137.jpg

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sent you a PM, Jed, but thought I would post my questions (probably dumb) here for everyone's benefit... I am not on Facebook either...

Is there an increase in NVH? Will I need to do the subframe reinforcement mod? Cost?

I responded to your PM earlier. No NVH increase whatsoever.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just go ahead and toss one in the box when you ship out my headers. Thanks. :)

Glad I read this in time. I had dropped off your headers earlier today at FedEx. Just had enough time to go back and slip an egg in the box. Goodies are on their way.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts