BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was just informed it's on the K-Line vessel named "Franconia" due into Charleston on October 11. It left Bremerhaven today! This is my first BMW that was not on Wallenius Lines. I could have typed my VIN in the Wallenius site until my fingers fell off. The K-Line site is nowhere near as advanced as the Wallenius web site and does not provide any tracking info. Chances are that M5Floyd's car is on the same ship.

MJ
'06 on the water

·
Registered
764 Posts
Re: Very Bad News: MJ's M5 Will Never Come to America on Wallenius Lines

I was able to walk into the Wallenius office which is on my way to work to check on the status of my last baby. Truly painful! :crying: :hihi: I guess you should be happy if the ship doesn't sink, though. There was a transport ship that docked at Davey Jones' Locker a couple of years ago! hiha

·
Registered
249 Posts

MJ said:
I was just informed it's on the K-Line vessel named "Franconia" due into Charleston on October 11. It left Bremerhaven today! This is my first BMW that was not on Wallenius. I could have typed my VIN in the Wallenius site until my fingers fell off. The K-Line site is nowhere near as advanced as the Wallenius web site.

MJ
'06 on the water
Do you guys know whether K-Line vessels come through Halifax, Canada? Maybe thats why I can not track my VIN on Wallenius...

·
Registered
248 Posts

MJ said:
I was just informed it's on the K-Line vessel named "Franconia" due into Charleston on October 11.

MJ
'06 on the water
Hey MJ, would you like for me to pick it up for you here? I can bring it on down to Tampa for you in record time if you like. lol !! :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
boplaw said:
Hey MJ, would you like for me to pick it up for you here? I can bring it on down to Tampa for you in record time if you like. lol !! :M5thumbs:

Only if you follow the break-in rules to a "T."

MJ

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
MJ said:
Only if you follow the break-in rules to a "T."

MJ
I offered to store a Mass. guys Z8 car in my garage in FL a couple years ago to get it out of the cold and snow. To date he has not taken my up on my offer. ?????? hiha

·
Registered
431 Posts
MJ said:
I was just informed it's on the K-Line vessel named "Franconia" due into Charleston on October 11. It left Bremerhaven today! This is my first BMW that was not on Wallenius Lines. I could have typed my VIN in the Wallenius site until my fingers fell off. The K-Line site is nowhere near as advanced as the Wallenius web site and does not provide any tracking info. Chances are that M5Floyd's car is on the same ship.

MJ
'06 on the water
OK,,MJ..how do i find out? Is there a site where I can at least see if its on board?

m5floyd

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
K-Line, huh? I think that is the line where they bring your car to the ship with fork-lift and a crane with a big net that lowers it into the hold. They are getting pretty good at not having the car bang against the sides as it is lowered into the hold, but sometimes they get behind.

·
Registered
829 Posts

boplaw said:
I would've done you one better and picked it up in Germany, drove it to the docks, broke it in on the ship and delivered it to MJ in record time but the car already left germany... hey maybe I can have myself airlifted onto one of those ships and break all your cars in on the ship, that would be a great service now wouldn't it? ;)

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

frylord said:
I would've done you one better and picked it up in Germany, drove it to the docks, broke it in on the ship and delivered it to MJ in record time but the car already left germany... hey maybe I can have myself airlifted onto one of those ships and break all your cars in on the ship, that would be a great service now wouldn't it? ;)
The ships are huge inside. Check out this photo: http://www.offworld.com/e46/carsondeck2_sm.jpg

from this very informative website:
http://www.offworld.com/e46/images.html

MJ

·
Registered
2,723 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
When I dropped off my 645Ci to E.H.Harms in Munich at the end of my ED, the agent asked if I want to air freight the car (since I was moaning about how long it takes to get to Hawaii - 2 months). I thought he was kidding at first, then he said they actually have done it and guessed mine could grow wings for about $10,000 USD. I passed on the offer but it would have saved a couple of useless lease payments while the car is on the water.

I have no idea if you could really air freight a normal U.S. delivery car out of Germany but from what little I've seen from BMWNA in terms of flexibility, I guess the answer is no.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts