BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just a couple of random questions...

Does anyone know the part numbers for the undercarriage protection pieces? I really should replace all of them, including the ones under the front bumper and directly below the engine.

Has anyone got any replacement for these parts other than OEM?

Is there any big risk for me just taking the main undercarriage piece off? Mine was cracked, and hangs down underneath my car and it's starting to bug me when I see it hanging.

Cheers:cheers:

·
Registered
46 Posts
You and me both. I ended up just epoxy glueing mine back together!

edit: Oh wait, there was a reason i glued them. The peices cost $110+ from BMW. EACH!

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Has anyone got any replacement for these parts other than OEM?
I don't think you'll find much in the way of aftermarket alternatives for those pieces.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Those underbody panels not only protect the car from road grime and dirt, they also smooth underbody airflow at high speed. I'd suggest replacing them, bumper pieces $92 each, rear center $217 IIRC, I didn't need to replace front center piece, not sure the price.

·
Registered
750 Posts
...and if you need clips, you'll need #16 and #15 for the side pieces and # 10 and #8 for the center ones (they come in packets of ten and twenty each).

·
Registered
832 Posts
Protect the oil pan!

I'd be interested in what aftermarket/custom offerings are about. My collectors are about 1 inch lower than the body so I want to get those protected too. Doesn't help when I'm lowered 2 inches either.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Reactions: jazzah13

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Just replaced all of mine due to excessive fading/scuffs/cracks; total came out to around $520ish w/ BMWCCA discount. Makes the undercarriage look great w/ the new pieces. Money well spent IMO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts