BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Great News !! mmmmmm
I`m wondering why BMW at Geneva Auto Show claimed 0-200 in 13 sec then, In official press we can see 15 sec, and the tested time is 13.9
cherrsagai Cheers

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thats Amazing! but why is there such a big variation in times? is it beacuse of sea level or are some of these cars tweaked ( :M5launch: just for the tests??

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have another look at the brake power. under 35 m 100>0 is amazing for such a big car!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
new information from dealer: m5 customers can look forward to even better performance for the January-march revision of m5. the test cars have still not optimized smg speeds in p500 mode and an early version of the automatic smg version with sometimes bad shift points. until january to march, the improved m5 will be available.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Really nice! So it will end with 4.4 on all cars, thats quicker than a Ferrari 360 Spider!!! :thumbsup: :M5launch:

·
Registered
675 Posts
Hmm,fantastic figures,but Im always wary of car manufacturers giving 'tweaked' cars for roadtesting.I remember some simply incredible figures achieved by a ferrari 360 in Autocar several years ago (a low 8second 0-100 for example) along with many many others.
But the more I read about this car the more impressive it looks.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
If you look at the brake test you can see a text which says - Bestwert: M3 Coupé.. My german has never been good, what does that mean?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Those numbers are very impressive. I especially like the rolling start acceleration results. :thumbsup:

MortenDK said:
If you look at the brake test you can see a text which says - Bestwert: M3 Coupé.. My german has never been good, what does that mean?
It means that it's the best result I think (the shortest stop distance they have measured in a test)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ditto said:
Those numbers are very impressive. I especially like the rolling start acceleration results. :thumbsup:

It means that it's the best result I think (the shortest stop distance they have measured in a test)
M3 Coupé is best...

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
its the normal coupe...

going now to multimedia room for recording MOTORVISION... :M5thumbs:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts