BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,1st time on board.

Got the call from my dealer earlier than anticapated that my M 5 was ready to be ordered.I went to see him but found out (thanks to theM5board)that i was more informed than he was.I thought i wanted Silverstone but,when i saw pictures on this website it looked like it has a baby blue tint?The Sepang bronze posted by AUSSIE clouded my judgement as well. The ash wood interior is another question mark.Can any members help answer a few questions?
1. Is the M5 individual available at this time?
2.Can we get piano black interior by itself?
3.When do the first M5's arrive in the U.S.
4.How many went to the M driving school to maximize your skills?
I am looking forward to a long ownership so i may wait until seeing a few firsthand before ordering one that isnt just right. Besides ,a spring delivery sounds better than having to store the car all winter in chicago>:M5launch: Thanks CRG

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Crg said:
Hello,1st time on board.

Got the call from my dealer earlier than anticapated that my M 5 was ready to be ordered.I went to see him but found out (thanks to theM5board)that i was more informed than he was.I thought i wanted Silverstone but,when i saw pictures on this website it looked like it has a baby blue tint?The Sepang bronze posted by AUSSIE clouded my judgement as well. The ash wood interior is another question mark.Can any members help answer a few questions?
I am looking forward to a long ownership so i may wait until seeing a few firsthand before ordering one that isnt just right. Besides ,a spring delivery sounds better than having to store the car all winter in chicago>:M5launch: Thanks CRG
1. The Individual program is not available in the US, and BMW NA will not say when or whether it will be available.

2. Some members here have found the part numbers to order the piano black trim from BMW and have it retrofitted by the dealer or another source. It appears that this is the only way for US customers to get it.

3. First US deliveries are expected to begin in October.

4. I expect virtually every M5 buyer will take advantage of the M5 Driving Experience -- a two-day driving course at BMW's Spartanburg facility that is included in the purchase price.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Crg said:
Hello,1st time on board.

Answers:

1. No, not in the US market at least for a year or so - even if you beg like some of us have tried.
2. Yes, you can order it as parts and swap it out later if you want to; but you cannot order it that way.
3. Likely in mid to late October
4. Many, but you can also contact your local CCA Chapter (www.bmwcca.org).

Best,

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for your quick response.

i did not know that driving school was included.i think most people want a color unique to the M series,have you seen many choices in person?I would worry that any trim reinstalled after factory might not fit properly or rattle.I am trying to picture silverstone/black/piano trim...hmm. any idea how many M5's coming here/month. please excuse my rambling yada yada yada

CRG

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Crg said:
thanks for your quick response.

i did not know that driving school was included.i think most people want a color unique to the M series,have you seen many choices in person?I would worry that any trim reinstalled after factory might not fit properly or rattle.I am trying to picture silverstone/black/piano trim...hmm. any idea how many M5's coming here/month. please excuse my rambling yada yada yada

CRG
I have seen the interlagos blue on a M3 Competition Package. You will see several recent threads discussing the vibrant nature of this color which has caused several of us (including me) to vascillate regarding whether to go with it or a more tame color. Silver grey is available now on E60 non-M cars (although the configurator on the BMW NA web site makes the silver grey on the M5 look very different), so you should be able to spot one in person at the dealer or on the street. This site also is a tremendous resource with many, many photographs posted by members which I found very helpful in making my decision. Look through the threads and look at the photopost at http://www.m5board.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=529. Finally, I also would be concerned about retrofitting trim pieces.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts