BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this a few days ago in the Site Concerns forum, maybe it was the wrong forum to post on since I got no answers?

This was my post:

"Is it just me or is everyone having this issue? For the past few days, attached images are showing up in posts as links, however they can't be viewed. When you click on an attached image link, it redirects to an error page with this message:

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /vbulletin/vbseo.php on this server."

Same thing with PDF attachments. I hope there's a fix for this soon!"

-------------------------

I should note that embedded hotlinked images do display, it's images uploaded as attachments to posts are redirecting to the error page. I know it's not my browser because I have the same issue on multiple laptops. Any thoughts?

·
2,487 Posts
I posted this a few days ago in the Site Concerns forum, maybe it was the wrong forum to post on since I got no answers?

This was my post:

"Is it just me or is everyone having this issue? For the past few days, attached images are showing up in posts as links, however they can't be viewed. When you click on an attached image link, it redirects to an error page with this message:

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /vbulletin/vbseo.php on this server."

Same thing with PDF attachments. I hope there's a fix for this soon!"

-------------------------

I should note that embedded hotlinked images do display, it's images uploaded as attachments to posts are redirecting to the error page. I know it's not my browser because I have the same issue on multiple laptops. Any thoughts?

@Administrator is aware and working on the problem. The issue was caused when the site was migrated to the cloud. Timeline . . . I dont know.

·
Administrator
865 Posts
Thanks @de Witt. :)

Yes, as mentioned, these issues are directly related to the migration to Google Cloud. The migration team is aware that this site is having issues with attachments, so once a fix is ready, they will apply it to the site.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Cheers,

Erik

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sorry for bumping this old post as opposed to making a new thread, but I seem to be suffering from the same issue. Any posts specifically in the Cars for Sale forum that include photo attachments are all listed as links to images and not the actual images.

I noticed this a few weeks ago, and thought maybe it was just a string of sellers uploading their photos a specific way but as time went on every post was the same.

Anyone else noticing this? Is it a setting in the User CP that just needs to be changed or is it another Google Cloud/site issue?

·
Administrator
865 Posts
Sorry for bumping this old post as opposed to making a new thread, but I seem to be suffering from the same issue. Any posts specifically in the Cars for Sale forum that include photo attachments are all listed as links to images and not the actual images.

I noticed this a few weeks ago, and thought maybe it was just a string of sellers uploading their photos a specific way but as time went on every post was the same.

Anyone else noticing this? Is it a setting in the User CP that just needs to be changed or is it another Google Cloud/site issue?
Hey there,

Can you grab me the link to that thread?
I'll have a look into it.
It could be that the image isn't on HTTP but I'll need to confirm this.

Ed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts