BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the original owner of this car – please assume the car runs perfectly except for 1 problem that I cannot seem to fix – a persistent steering wheel wobble upon braking.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
There is a two inch thick folder of receipts at Leith BMW in Raleigh detailing all that I have done to the car over the 11 years of ownership. Tons of part replaced.<o:p></o:p>
These pictures were taken today…1/28/2011.<o:p></o:p>
I regrettably need to sell the car – recently got married and inherited 4 kids.<o:p></o:p>
If you contact any fellow board members regarding my recent post of “Raleigh Meet Picture” I think that each one would say that they were amazed at the condition of my car.
Although just one picture of a tire and wheel, all look identical.
Has Dinan lightwheel flywheel and Powerchip tune. The car is flat out fast. No SES light.
Please call me regarding any questions at: 910-315-1111 – I will answer them honestly.<o:p></o:p>
I am asking $12,500 – the car really is that good even at the mileage of 248,000.<o:p></o:p>

Attachments

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Looks like a fine example, regardless of mileage. Wishing you well with the sale!

Reactions: tranck

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Good luck with the sale. Looks like it's been very well taken care of.

...and you're parking brake is on. lol

·
Registered
376 Posts
I refuse to accept the fact you are selling this car Tom............

but if indeed you are selling, to all the interested parties, it would be hard to find a car with 1/4 of the miles in better shape.

GLWS

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I refuse to accept the fact you are selling this car Tom............

but if indeed you are selling, to all the interested parties, it would be hard to find a car with 1/4 of the miles in better shape.

GLWS
Thanks Bro - it's just time...heard your car is not running too well - you'll get it sorted out.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I will trade you a carton of Camel Menthols for it :)

Seriously though think about your decision, you WILL miss it!!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Amazing.

Looks lovely. Mine, with a 3rd of the milage gives me envy.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Tom, say it ain't so... :crying:

You are one of the pillars of the board. Are you sure its time?? She is such a lovely car....

Dave

Reactions: rassi

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you contact any fellow board members regarding my recent post of “Raleigh Meet Picture” I think that each one would say that they were amazed at the condition of my car.<o:p></o:p>
I'll vouch for that. The car looks great. My jaw dropped when I heard how many miles were on it. Understand choosing marriage over the car - but maybe you should think about putting the 4 kids to work to earn M5 maintenance money. GLWS Tom.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sry - don't know what guide rails are so, I'm sure that I haven't.
The timingchain guide rails...

Car looks amazing with that mileage..I would keep the car and buy a station wagon for a daily driver to fit the kids and wife. :)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The timingchain guide rails...

Car looks amazing with that mileage..I would keep the car and buy a station wagon for a daily driver to fit the kids and wife. :)
Understand now about the timingchain guide rails now - never changed - this is one of the many things that vantaam5 suggests changing.

My rod bearings were changed at 100,000 miles - one spun - zero problems (at least engine wise) since.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Tom,

Wonder if BMWNA would be interested in the car. They've probably never seen an M5 with almost 250k miles in this condition (well, of course nobody has ever seen one since this is surely the only one in the world). It would be an inexpensive car to them to purchase, and they may have some use for it. Who knows, just thinking out loud.

Chuck

Reactions: Gustav and tranck

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tom,

Wonder if BMWNA would be interested in the car. They've probably never seen an M5 with almost 250k miles in this condition (well, of course nobody has ever seen one since this is surely the only one in the world). It would be an inexpensive car to them to purchase, and they may have some use for it. Who knows, just thinking out loud.

Chuck
Chuck,

Not sure with whom/how I would contact - any advice?

Tom

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Chuck,

Not sure with whom/how I would contact - any advice?

Tom
Years back Larry Koch was the M-brand mgr for BMWNA, but I'm not sure if he's still in that position or not, but I would contact the M-brand mgr whoever it is.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts