BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm considering removing the v-max limit on my M6 convertible, my options in the UK appear to be
  • Hartge though Birds
  • HAMANN through Autovogue
  • DMS automotive
  • g-power while visiting Germany
  • BMW while visiting Germany :)
Anyone tried these and have an opinion on them? Or maybe there is another option I have not found? Thanks in advance, Peter

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I vote BMW. But who will you get to do it?

Why can the UK dealer not do the same thing?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BMW UK dealers won't do it you have to drive to Germany (tough job :)) and pay something like €2,400 and it is all done. Only bad thing is it "only" de-limits it to 305km I believe not the full 330! Peter

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Who told you they do it in Germany?

Like what dealer do you go to, or do you think you can just drive up to BMW corporate and ask them where the service bay is at?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have spoken to a BMW dealer in Germany, if you provide the date of purchase, date of first service and VIN number they will book you in! Simple when you know how:) I was all booked in to have my Coupe done last year but decided against it as I was close to selling it for convertible. Regards, Peter

·
Registered
392 Posts
Simplest and least expensive solution is apparently the EX 310:
HTML:
http://www.evc.de/de/product/ex/default.asp
According to my neighbor it works flawlessly, but I never installed mine. It's available as I'm selling the M6, so PM if interested.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about DMS. Boardmember Gus has their ECU on his M5, you may want to send him a pm to discuss it further.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Hi, Kellners Sport, do a home-fit v-max removal or you have to visit them? thanks, Peter
Call them. I discussed this very thing with them two weeks ago. I am fairly certain you can do it without having to go see them. All you need is someone to read your car, send the file to Kelleners, and they will return the file to you via e-mail, program your car, and ZOOM!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts