BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I wonder how many people on the list will drop out when it's time to pay, and how many "speculators" there are who will simply sell their car/spot for a premium?! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Can remember the CSL being 3 times oversubscribed and then due to BMW cocking things up they ended up discounting them by 15% to get rid of them!!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
But they get cancellations all the time.

A friend walked into a dealer last week in the UK and got a slot for the end of 2005 and dealer said they had a couple slots become available every week.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine was 'supposedly' going to be within the first batch, or 'at worst second batch'.

I'm still working on August 2005 best case, probably later.

*I want one now*

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi everyone! My first post ever. My M5 is produced w.11 and will be delivered in w.15 -05. I´m sure thats quite early.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Welcome EKAN... another Swede! :viking:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Any large waiting list as such will have drop offs, which is good if you're not no.1. But the main problem as I see these queues is the chance of dealers/sepculators demanding more. Shoot them! Unless the dealer is a direct employee of BMW Group, which as I understand, they DO NOT charge over official prices.

·
Registered
675 Posts
BMW will up production ,plus you'll have a plethora of imports.
Only those who get in the first 8-10 months can expect to fetch a premium if they sell.
Tom hartley reckons the M6 will be the Beemer to have in terms of holding its value.

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
My dealer says the same thing re: M6.

Here in the US, even at the end in hot car places like CA, new E39s were fetching a little premium. Supply of the E60 M5 will be greater, I think for the US that 8-10 month rule will apply. Im not surprised, this is the followup to a great car. Its like going to see a Godfather sequel. Many get in line because of what came before. Will it be any good? All depends on if you think the new M5 will be Godfather II (awesome all around) or III (just allright) :)

·
Registered
675 Posts
MEnthusiast said:
My dealer says the same thing re: M6.

Here in the US, even at the end in hot car places like CA, new E39s were fetching a little premium. Supply of the E60 M5 will be greater, I think for the US that 8-10 month rule will apply. Im not surprised, this is the followup to a great car. Its like going to see a Godfather sequel. Many get in line because of what came before. Will it be any good? All depends on if you think the new M5 will be Godfather II (awesome all around) or III (just allright) :)

Coupes always with the exception of the cl class mercs retain a better value,they are seen as more desirable.
Anyway anone who buys an m5 to profit from doesn't deserve it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am third on my dealers list but have been told "off the record" that mine should be available for launch day, whenever that might be!?!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
I wonder how many people on the list will drop out when it's time to pay, and how many "speculators" there are who will simply sell their car/spot for a premium?! :rolleyes:
agree, with a 500£ refundable deposit to go on the list, many people probably just join the list for the qudos factor with their local dealership...also maybe to get a test drive by suggesting intent..

as for speculators, the used car sales man in autocar says it will lose money in the first year, because it is such a special market... super-saloons are not to everyones taste...

·
Registered
54 Posts
M! - I am 6'5" tall and 280lb, a bit too big for Lotus!!!

Regards

1 - 18 of 18 Posts