BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now here's a question...

UK reg plate M5 BMW...would look quite nice I think...any ideas how much you think is a fair price?? I have no idea ouich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
virage1 said:
Now here's a question...

UK reg plate M5 BMW...would look quite nice I think...any ideas how much you think is a fair price?? I have no idea ouich
M6 BMW is for sale at £44K at the moment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
johnny73 said:
M6 BMW is for sale at £44K at the moment.
Interesting...any idea where it is for sale? On one of the reg plate UK websites?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
virage1 said:
Interesting...any idea where it is for sale? On one of the reg plate UK websites?
No it's for sale privately in the back of last weeks Autocar.Also has V10 BM for "£5K or best offer"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
johnny73 said:
No it's for sale privately in the back of last weeks Autocar.Also has V10 BM for "£5K or best offer"
M5 BMW is only *really* worth silly money to BMW, but then again, they auctioned off M3 CSL for charity.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
MattUK said:
M5 BMW is only *really* worth silly money to BMW, but then again, they auctioned off M3 CSL for charity.
I agree, unless your determined to have a M6/5 every time and even then there is no guarantee that the model names won't change.

£44K is more than half what I will be paying for my M6, I would get a second hand M400 Noble for the track instead!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
M5 BMW was offered for sale for £6,500 in December last year, through National Numbers. At the time I thought this was a very reasonable price (current asking price for M6 BMW confirms this) so went to buy it. Unfortunately, it was sold before I got my offer in.:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Broyders said:
M5 BMW was offered for sale for £6,500 in December last year, through National Numbers. At the time I thought this was a very reasonable price (current asking price for M6 BMW confirms this) so went to buy it. Unfortunately, it was sold before I got my offer in.:(
Shame, you would have doubled it's value at the very least I reckon, with current M5 hype!:sad3:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Other UK plates which might be of interest:

M5 BOY (bit camp for me):haha:

Or if you drive in France, are French or just live in South Kensington:

D1 EUM (DIEU M = God M in French)
V1 TEM (VITE M = Fast M in French)

All on newreg.co.uk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
646 Posts
I bought M5 DVM from DVLA for a paltry £250 - absolute bargain if you ask me! Plenty more cheap ones like this if you can get initials to suit.

A mate of mine in Canada recently got his initials RPL - no number - for something like £100! In the UK that with a 1 would be into five figures!!
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
5,150 Posts
nice plates.... hehe... Hong Kong will soon have vanity plates available for auctioning... but for now, the plates are still on a letter and number system, but we've been auctioning plates for ages... can't remember that clearly anymore, but many years ago, the plate "9" was sold for HK$13mil.... ouich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Nearly paid £40K for the M5 BMW plate about five years ago, someone else beat me to it grrrrrrr From memory it originally was sold by the DVLA in 1995 for about £5.5K, then went up to mid teens. Are there any links for its sale for £6.5K IMHO no number plate company would sell it for that, as just the number of digits and rarity of letters gives it a current value of a least £10K-£11K without actually meaning anything. I was offered the M5 BMW plate about 9 months ago as part of a deal for between £29K-£36K (cannot remember the exact details) - though had already allocated the readies to another project. The last I heard the M5 BMW plate went for around £56K.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top