BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Not sure if thats the same guy, but I have used a guy in Southampton who charged £80.

At the time I met him at his house so maybe he has grown, but if its the same guy then the #

service was great. I dropped two sets of M5 clocks to him went back an hour later and they were done.

Just make sure that you do not turn on the ignition while clocks are out other wise you will have to

re-set.

Ask him if he did or still does live on a main road with a McDonalds at the bottom of it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks.
Did he replace the ribbon cable? Has the repair been lasted or did the pixel loss return?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Not sure exactly what he did as I left them with him.

Either way it was about 8 months ago and the pixels are all still working. The fix was good.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, looks like they're worth a try.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I used him too a few weeks back, going by the website i was expecting a workshop, but he works from his house. The work was great and £80, a bargain!

·
Registered
45 Posts
This guy repaired mine as well, and also a couple of needles that I busted while trying a home pixel repair, not something I would do again and wouldnt recommend anyone to try unless youve done it before.

Sent him the full binacle and it was back repaired within 4 days.

Go for it, you wont be dissapointed.

·
Registered
271 Posts
My experience is that his work I have no complaints about, but the communication and timings were terrible. I contacted him prior to get a quote and turnaround time was "2-3 days including postage" so I removed the cluster at the weekend and let him know it would be there Tuesday. I didn't get it back until the following Wednesday, no pre warning until I contacted him to find out what was going on, no apologies for leaving me without a car all weekend and having to find a way to work.
This was a month ago, its £115 now if you need postage and the cluster seems to be working fine
Matt

1 - 13 of 13 Posts