BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May be of interest to somebody. There is a set of M5 wheels & tyres for sale on ebay right now,2 days to go I think ref 4563363471

Good luck if you need them

No connection to me by the way !!!!!!!!!

Gareth

:cheers:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
craig5 said:
o.k gareth how long have you had you're m5 i only live down the road from you in connahs quay
Can't believe it. Just received an e mail from a fellow owner in west Kirby, next minute, you contact me !

I've only had the car a few months, bought iy on ebay, bit of a gamble to say the least. Had usual problems, MAFS camshaft sensors rattling VANOS, perhaps I should have done some more homework!!

Great to hear from you , stay in touch

Gareth

cherrsagai

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
craig5 said:
have you found a cheap place for oil yet
I've just received Castrol 10W60 from a company called OPIE OILS in Cornwall.
4 ltrs for £36.49 including next day delivery. Phone 01209 215164, couldn't be more helpfull. My '99 drinks the stuff, so if you can beat this price let me know. I drive 20,000 a year so every little helps!!

Gareth

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
craig5 said:
is that the tws or rs,i'm waiting for an email from someone who say he may be able to get cheap oil for me
It's the RS, hope this is ok, I certainly don't want to start another oil related thread !! It's just too complicated.

Gareth

:typing:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
craig5 said:
it should be the sticker in my car window say's to use the rs
Smells great too !! but you MUST get a filler funnel, especially when the container is full

Gareth

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
craig5 said:
where have you been taking you're car for servicing and work- trenics
I've used an independant in Liverpool, I think they are called Autotech.

I don't think they are used to M5s though. They struggled to identify my MAFS problem, it took them two days !! (although they didn't charge for all that time).
I think in the end they called in the master mechanic from Williams to sort it.

I was thinking of recommending this site to them, it's all here somewhere.

I'm sure they are ok for everyday stuff, but I can't get decent recommendation for any garages in this area.

Gareth

1 - 13 of 13 Posts