BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

A colleague of mine was recently zapped by a speed camera... She responded to them that she didn't know whether it was her or her husband driving at that point in time... which was true. Anyhow, she recently received a court summons for "failing to notify driver".

Does anyone know what this means? Any advice for how to deal with this? Failing that, has anyone used a good lawyer in the Hampshire, Surrey, Berkshire area that might be able to help?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Cheers,
Varlic

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

My advise was to contest this in court, because she genuinely didn't know who was the driver and the photograph was not conclusive. I was confused by the charge of "failing to notify driver"... never heard of that before.

I'd like to know if anyone knows about this charge and what it actually means.

Cheers,
Varlic

·
Registered
638 Posts
varlic said:
Hi all,

A colleague of mine was recently zapped by a speed camera... She responded to them that she didn't know whether it was her or her husband driving at that point in time... which was true. Anyhow, she recently received a court summons for "failing to notify driver".

Does anyone know what this means? Any advice for how to deal with this?
hi, got zapped a while back and explored this... anyhows, to cut a long story short, this used to be a legal loop-hole in the system and it was used, quoting rights to privacy from EU laws, however, police moved fast to close this and the way the law stands now is that if you fail to declare the driver or fail to assist in their identification, the owner cops the speeding ticket, and you have to attend court... you can't reply 'don't know who was driving' and hope they drop it at that...sorry

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mohan said:
you can't reply 'don't know who was driving' and hope they drop it at that...sorry
Thanks for the information. Hopefully she'll get a decent lawyer and get away with it... otherwise she'll have to accept the original speeding ticket. No big deal, just 34 in a 30 zone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts