BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been calling round insurance companies as I'm trying to cut my extortionate premiums down. I have a motorbike as well, and the company that claimed to offer a good deal on insuring both, wanted to charge me £1900 for the M5! A damn sight worse than my current £1100, which is disgusting enough.

So I will forget trying to insure both vehicles through the same broker, but would like to know, which brokers are other UK owners using, and how much are you paying?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Topper,

Mine is with BMW insurance and costs me a lot less than 1k. Admittedly I live in Hertfordshire, not London, but even so the cost is much less.

I tried Direct line and the they were about the same, so decided to keep it with BMW.

Good luck and let us know how you got on.

Cheers:cheers:

TrickyTrev

·
Registered
630 Posts
Try A-Plan (do a google and they should come up) I use them and last year Fully comp for business use based on 25k per year it came up at £698, this year's renewal came up at £740:nono: so I will be having words as I did a "Gocompare.com" check and the lowest that came up was £638 but that was for some web company who I've never heard of and had no tel number:confused:.

(A-plan - I have no Voluntary excess and standard excess is £250 with 7 years NCD)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wow expensive.

£500 with Admiral, but then I am 40:sad1:

·
Registered
316 Posts
try green light in essex

·
Registered
302 Posts
Cheapest i found for me...28 years old and 5 years no claims bonus living in NW london was £1900 with RAC.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Topper,

Mine is with BMW insurance and costs me a lot less than 1k. Admittedly I live in Hertfordshire, not London, but even so the cost is much less.

I tried Direct line and the they were about the same, so decided to keep it with BMW.

Good luck and let us know how you got on.

Cheers:cheers:

TrickyTrev
They wanted £1400 and the car to be fitted with a tracker! grrrrrrr

·
Registered
638 Posts
They wanted £1400 and the car to be fitted with a tracker! grrrrrrr
getting a tracker fitted is no bad thing, may prove cost effective in the long term if it keeps your premiums down....

·
Registered
624 Posts
Some interesting choices here I didnt think I did too bad getting a quote for 752 quid with performance direct,considering I have ten years no claims but carrying 9 points all for speeding:M5launch::M5rev:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Some interesting choices here I didnt think I did too bad getting a quote for 752 quid with performance direct,considering I have ten years no claims but carrying 9 points all for speeding:M5launch::M5rev:
Interesting indeed - managed to quote me under £950 including legal expenses and £350 voluntary excess. Still not great, but getting better all the time! :applause:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I followed the advice of someone in another thread and went to Greenlight. http://www.greenlightinsurance.com. The underwriter is Highway Insurance but I believe that the broker has authority to underwrite and price business so negotiation might be possible.

I am paying 790 odd and I live in E14 which most insurance companies will refuse to rate on. (38 yo, 7 year NCB, no claims, no convictions).

Given that I work for an insurance company and get a staff discount I should really insure through them but their price is 1500.

Just working on a way of reducing the VED bill now, shame the government wants as much to let me drive on the road each year as the insurance company do.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm afraid to say how much I'm paying now coz topper will kill me :S and I'm 25

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
just had my renewal through from my current insurer and they want £1799 for a year - being 24 with six points does make this car expensive! Did a quote with them online and it was £400 less so will phone them tomorrow and also phone around and see what people come back with!

cheers

·
Registered
302 Posts
That's actualyvery cheap, and how did you manage to get a quote being under 25 AND with 6 points?!?

May i ask who the company was?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts