BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took out the BMW extended warranty back in November last year, done pretty well out of so far (power steering pump, heater matrix, pdc generator).
I was due for a brake fluid service so reported slight vibration through the clutch pedal when the engine was hot and the clutch engaged, no sign of slipping but I thought what the hell get it checked out. When I picked the car up the service dept said the clutch needed replacement (£862.00) and warranty would pick it up. :M5thumbs:
On the day the car was booked in the service manager told me that warranty will not cover clutches on cars with more than 60K miles :sad2: . I kicked off and asked to speak to the general manager - eventually he said they would appeal, thankfully it worked and yesterday the clutch was replaced :blabla:
My car has done 63K and is still on the original clutch.
The extended warranty is a bit of a minefield with what is and isn't covered, it does not continue with the original warranty so beware. While the car was in they also reported the diff seals leaking and these are not covered under warranty (£216.00).
On a post script the warranty cost me £620 last year, I saw the latest price list and this year its £970 :(

·
Registered
947 Posts
Interesting. Mine's under warranty but i thought i was being cheeky trying for a clutch - i may just try it on as have a good relationship with the dealer as its starting to slip.

the £920 is expensive, but you only need one medium serious thing to go wrong in a year, and its paid for itself. I had a new glass sunroof last mth, which was at least £1500 fitted.

cheers

·
Registered
355 Posts
I think that's an excellent outcome; I had mine done on warranty (and the flywheel) but that was after only 12,000 from new so you might argue there's more of a case; it also required a very friendly dealer. Congratulations!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts