BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would be handy to compare notes re: order details and expected delivery date. Here's mine :-

Ordered - July '01
Build - Week 26
Expected delivery - 15th July '05

·
Registered
217 Posts
Spie said:
Would be handy to compare notes re: order details and expected delivery date. Here's mine :-

Ordered - July '01
Build - Week 26
Expected delivery - 15th July '05
Hello Spie :byebye: Ordered Summer 01
Dealer is getting a May (demo), a July and a Sept car. I would have taken the demo as they decided in principle to sell it to me new, as they dont need a demo, but they mixed up the dates and we missed the chance to spec it to my spec, and I didn't want the dealer's chosen spec. I dont want a July car because I'm away for the summer and the new registration year is 1 Sept. So I'm having the Sept car, build week 35 delivery 10 Sept

·
Registered
217 Posts
Spie said:
My dealer said 3 in first year.
Yup 3 per year. I was told there are about 500 cars/year headed for the UK, and 150 dealers, so it makes sense.

So long as the delivery ship doesn't sink again :haha:

Seriously, if you are on roughly a 3year change habit, you should order your NEXT car now. I already did hmmm

·
Registered
180 Posts
European Orders :- Mid Jan
Deliveries :- March/April '05

UK Order :- Ordered Feb 04 thru Corporate Sales
Delivery :- Release Date May '05 but JohnH is saying thats optimistic

·
Registered
271 Posts
Ordered April '02

Build week 28

Delivery 2 August (officially, although hoping for July)

·
Registered
3 Posts
wow....you guys have been waiting 3-4 years for a car! now thats commitment... the max i've waited is 6 months for my cayenne turbo... and the wait was tough!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Ordered June 02
Expected September 13th, second customer car.

The deallership said it had 4 cars due this year, guessing 1 demo and 3 customer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Third on dealers list, ordered 2 years ago, 5k deposit paid, no build week or delivery date, extremely fed up!!!!hmmm :grrrr: :confused:

·
Registered
217 Posts
reevo said:
Third on dealers list, ordered 2 years ago, 5k deposit paid, no build week or delivery date, extremely fed up!!!!hmmm :grrrr: :confused:
Eek Reevo, £5k :grrrr: . I have had 4 M cars and never paid more than £500 deposit. My e60 M5 is fully specced, build week 35, and I have paid only £500 deposit. I have ordered another one for 2008 ish delivery, also paid £500 deposit. Your dealer is out of line with the £5k I think. Good for his cashflow I guess.....

My dealer is Victoria BMW, owned by Reg Vardy Group, Milton Keynes

·
Registered
54 Posts
Dealer says he should have 10% deposit!?!?!?! He has taken £5k from another 7 on his waiting list. IIf I didnt want the car so badly I would tell them to stick it!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Got confirmation today that my verbal 'put me on the waiting list' in March 2003 will give a delivery date in the second half of 2006, apparently i'm 'high on their list'. Not bad considering i didn't pay any deposit!! :haha:

·
Registered
271 Posts
reevo said:
Dealer says he should have 10% deposit!?!?!?! He has taken £5k from another 7 on his waiting list. IIf I didnt want the car so badly I would tell them to stick it!
I think a lot of dealers are starting to ask for £5k minimum deposit. My dealer told me he should ask for £5k as that is what everyone else was having to put down, but I was left off that and still have only my initial £1k down.

I can understand why though. The higher the deposit, the less likely speculators will be involved which tend to irritate dealers a lot as they muddle the market, especially for used examples.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts