BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read a short piece in yesterday's Sunday Times that said the new M5 allocation was sold out for three years and that supplies would not increase for another 18 months. Sounds true but sad.

It was interesting to see in the classifieds a number of cars coming up for sale at prices up to £80k :sad1:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Just read a short piece in yesterday's Sunday Times that said the new M5 allocation was sold out for three years and that supplies would not increase for another 18 months. Sounds true but sad
Not STRICTLY True...yes, if everyone who put their name down took it but now supplies are starting to arrive, you will find quite a few pulling out, effectively shortening the list. especially as dealers are looking for SUBSTANTIAL deposits prior to specing the cars in this part of the country.

many folk have several deposits/orders sitting....eg for RS4, m5, m6, caymen etc...

The good news is it can ONLY be in the genuine M5 buyers interest if folk don't take up their option.

DD (hoping for spring 2006 delivery):M5thumbs:

·
Registered
218 Posts
This may sound good for residuals. If I run my M5 for a year say until end 2006 and sell or P/X for the new 997 GT3 then the depreciation should not be that huge ???????

·
Registered
101 Posts
I toured the Spartansburg, SC plant a few weeks ago and noted the television monitors which display corporate information to employees....One highlight was that all M5 allocations to the UK for the entire production run of E60 M5's are sold out. This may only mean that all allocations have dealer commitments and not end customer commitments.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Wow. :confused3

BMW_Addiction said:
I toured the Spartansburg, SC plant a few weeks ago and noted the television monitors which display corporate information to employees....One highlight was that all M5 allocations to the UK for the entire production run of E60 M5's are sold out. This may only mean that all allocations have dealer commitments and not end customer commitments.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Saw a M5 at Bowker Preston Today, Black with Black leather.
The car was there demo!!, I asked when the first customer would take delivery and they had no idea??
Makes you wonder whether they are deliberately making a slow start to deilveries to jack up the residual price and interest.
By the way it looked awesome next to a 535d Sport :viking:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
quickenough said:
By the way it looked awesome next to a 535d Sport :viking:
Tiff said the same..

PS I drove 535d, awesome engine with great power. Liked it very much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts