BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite my car being built for over a week it hasn't left the plant. UK cars are being held; anyone know why?

Tim

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am guessing that as the official launch date is not until November, they may not want the cars delivered to far in advance of that date. It may upet some people who have been told by dealers they will get their cars at launch if they see an M6 on the road 6 weeks early! I would guess they will do a rolling launch, but not as much as 6 weeks prior to launch! My dealer had their first M5 in for a good 10 days before BMW said they could let it go.

Thats my best guess anyway!

·
Registered
141 Posts
They are having problems with the oilpumps indeed, engine uses a lot of oil seems to be difficult to find the right pump for it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I am told that my car will be about 2 weeks. Nothing firmer than that. I do have a chassis number. :flag: :flag: :flag: :15:

·
Registered
943 Posts
WillemJan said:
They are having problems with the oilpumps indeed, engine uses a lot of oil seems to be difficult to find the right pump for it.

???????????

What do you mean exactly?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whatever the delay was it's now on the train. I need to have hand controls fitted so should get hold of it on or slightly after 12th October.

Tim

·
Registered
230 Posts
My dealer said today that the car should be with him on 3 October.
48 hour pdi then its mine :wroom: :wroom: :wroom: :wroom:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I,m a little way behind at the end of october/start of november with my silver grey/indie beast.

Post lots of pics if you can,thanks.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I feel another meet coming on...... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is between Thorne and the dealers - if it wasn't for the hand controls I'd be able to have it this weekend.

Tim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts