BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
markf said:
anyone had delivery date yet ? MY delaer says he hasn't been told of anything,yet i know some uk people who have been given dates ?
Hi Mark

Haven't been given a date as such, rather have been told I will get the first car that comes into that dealership. They are expecting it to come in round about the launch date of the car in the UK which is apparently November 18th.

None of this seems particularly "concrete" but I have a copy of the factory order fom and I will be keeping an eye on things a bit closer to the time, checking status codes etc. If it goes into 2006, difficult, but I guess it would make more sense to hang on until the plate change in March?

·
Registered
20 Posts
johnny73 said:
Hi Crabbit

Sounds early, you will be getting one of the first in the country i guess?

Which dealership are you getting it from?
Dunedin in Edinburgh...supposed to be their launch car.

Not had any firm dates yet but the sales guy there is usually spot on with them.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Crabbit said:
Dunedin in Edinburgh...supposed to be their launch car.

Not had any firm dates yet but the sales guy there is usually spot on with them.
I'm getting mine from Calterdon in Inverness, supposed to be launch car too.

Had to spec mine about 3 weeks ago, you specced yours? If so what you giong for?

Mine is Sepang Bronze, Sepang Bronze full leather, Bluetooth, TV function and deleting badge.

·
Registered
20 Posts
johnny73 said:
I'm getting mine from Calterdon in Inverness, supposed to be launch car too.

Had to spec mine about 3 weeks ago, you specced yours? If so what you giong for?

Mine is Sepang Bronze, Sepang Bronze full leather, Bluetooth, TV function and deleting badge.
Finally settled on Sapphire Black, Silverstone Leather, Piano Black Trim and Bluetooth.

Had an RS6 - black/silver leather - last year and like the colour scheme a lot.

Seen some stunning pictures of Sepang ones though - should be very tasty in the flesh.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm,my garage claims to be the biggest BMW retailer and seems the least clued up.
Changed the interior from black to red Johhny,so car will look like the one the swiss chap has.

Just bought a 997s to keep me busy til the m6 arrives as the Sl is too old man for me.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Crabbit said:
Finally settled on Sapphire Black, Silverstone Leather, Piano Black Trim and Bluetooth.

Had an RS6 - black/silver leather - last year and like the colour scheme a lot.

Seen some stunning pictures of Sepang ones though - should be very tasty in the flesh.
Nice combination, Silverstone is a good choice should "liven up" the Black. Was going to be my colour but three of my last cars (inc two beemers) have been black so felt it was time for a change.

Sepang looks awesome in the flesh(saw an M5 at a launch in Surrey recently and loved it).

·
Registered
139 Posts
markf said:
Hmm,my garage claims to be the biggest BMW retailer and seems the least clued up.
Changed the interior from black to red Johhny,so car will look like the one the swiss chap has.

Just bought a 997s to keep me busy til the m6 arrives as the Sl is too old man for me.
Hi mark

I approve of the interior change, just gives the Silver Grey a lift, should look good.

Congrats on 997s, lovely car. There was one at Snetterton the other day(standard) it was v.quick and made a lovely noise on the straight!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts