BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please send me a pm if anyone know's of a B10 V8S saloon or touring for sale in the Uk at the moment.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Very rare car dont think ive ever seen one in the Uk, probably be a few for sale in Germany though. These have the 4.8 ltr engine as apposed to 4.6 B10`s

Good luck

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not currently.

There were very few V8S saloons imported into the UK (<20) and much fewer Touring (2-3). There was one for sale about 6mths ago at an Official Dealer, but it sold very quickly.

Guy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GuyGT2 said:
Not currently.

There were very few V8S saloons imported into the UK (<20) and much fewer Touring (2-3). There was one for sale about 6mths ago at an Official Dealer, but it sold very quickly.

Guy

cheers Guys.

On the Alpina site is says that only 140 saloons were produced and 42 tourings - assume that covers RHD and LHD???

·
Administrator
8,806 Posts
M3GGW said:
On the Alpina site is says that only 140 saloons were produced and 42 tourings - assume that covers RHD and LHD???
Not to be nitpicking...but it's 145 saloons in total and 42 tourings. :)
That covers both RHD and LHD.

You stand a much better chance finding a second-generation B10 V8 with 347hp (from late 1998 to 2002). There were 854 saloons and 204 tourings built of this B10 version - of which at least 120 saloons and 10 Tourings were imported to the UK.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
If you can handle LHD, the factory is selling one in as new condition - go to www.alpina.de, stay in the German site, click on "Automobile", then "Gebrauchtwagenangebot"... Also a B7 and a Roadster S.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GuyGT2 said:
Theres actually about 30 Alpinas for sale there, just click on 'suche' which is search.....

LHD though?

Needs to be UK RHD really....or might have just buy a E39 M5 instead :wroom:

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
M3GGW said:
LHD though?

Needs to be UK RHD really....or might have just buy a E39 M5 instead :wroom:
Personally, I've never found LHD to be a significant issue in the UK, and remember that the B10 has an auto-box, so you don't even have to worry about changing with the "wrong" hand...

·
Registered
339 Posts
I agree,I have had my LHD B10-V8 for over a year now and have have not experienced any problems being on the "wrong" side of the car.

Although car park barriers require a bit of contortion if you do not have a passenger.

I originally imported mine to use on the continent but it is so brilliant I am using it more and more in the UK.

I live in Surrey also,if you want to have a go in a LHD B10 send me a private PM.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts