BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Anchor Inn ,hathern,loughborough,leics

we have now set a date and venue, the anchor inn hathern which is just 5 mins from j24 m1 plenty of parking , large beer garden.

very easy to find come off m1 j24 ,head toward loughborough on A6 through kegworth onto hathern anchor inn is on left.

starting from 11 am sunday june 5th all welcome !

please leave names so we can get an idea of numbers :cheers:

·
Registered
339 Posts
i will try and get there.. but in the meantime alpina46 you should pop along to the monthly meeting at mallory park (next meet tomorrow eve) 1st Wed of every month at the Coach house inn, Mallory Park, Kirkby Mallory

there should be a couple of Alpina's there tomorrow night.. poss a C2 2.7 and also an E28 B10

more details here: http://forum.bmwcarmagazine.com/topic2.asp?TOPIC_ID=19173

·
Registered
146 Posts
So please copy and paste youir names to the list below;-

1.Alpina46 E39 B10 V8
2.D4/Andy E32 B11
3.Naz E30 C2 2.7

·
Registered
146 Posts
Another recruit with a tasty Alpina!!
1.Alpina46 E39 B10 V8
2.D4/Andy E32 B11
3.Naz E30 C2 2.7
4.Simon Alcorn E30 C2 2.7
5.Kelson Macu Blue B6 3.5S

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
this has been done so many times before and only 2 or 3 people turn up, good luck. cherrsagai

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
m5 killer said:
this has been done so many times before and only 2 or 3 people turn up, good luck. cherrsagai
I take it your not coming then !:crying:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nazor said:
1.Alpina46 E39 B10 V8
2.D4/Andy E32 B11
3.Naz E30 C2 2.7
6.Pet E36 318 IS B3 replica
7.Big Dave E34

·
Registered
146 Posts
B3 replica??? this is supposed by an Alpina meet, if we start down this route then there is no point even doing the meet!!??

·
Registered
98 Posts
nazor said:
1.Alpina46 E39 B10 V8
2.D4/Andy E32 B11
3.Naz E30 C2 2.7
7.Pete E28 B9 3.5

At least I will try as I will be at a bike rally/blues festival the day before!

I agree with Alpinas only, no fakes.

·
Registered
98 Posts
nazor said:
1.Alpina46 E39 B10 V8
2.D4/Andy E32 B11
3.Naz E30 C2 2.7
7.Pete E28 B9 3.5

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
petethorpe58 said:
7.Pete E28 B9 3.5

The 318 IS is my car and is not a fake it has only genuine alpina bits and is not badged as a b3 so its not pretending to be anything other than a bmw with genuine accessories i thought it would make up numbers and give my wife a car to bring but i will leave at home.

·
Registered
44 Posts
alpina46 said:
The 318 IS is my car and is not a fake it has only genuine alpina bits and is not badged as a b3 so its not pretending to be anything other than a bmw with genuine accessories i thought it would make up numbers and give my wife a car to bring but i will leave at home.
let the man's wife take her car for goodness sake! i bet she was looking forward to it and has now had her dreams shot. people who have alpina fakes are the genuine alpina buyers of the future and we should encourage them into the fold. after all it may be one of them who buys your car when you want to sell.

1984 B9 3.5

·
Banned
664 Posts
Can't believe it - I'm at a wedding in Scotland !!!

Bugger with a capital B....

·
Registered
98 Posts
ALPINA B9-06 said:
after all it may be one of them who buys your car when you want to sell.

1984 B9 3.5
That ain't gonna happen!

Alpina46's original description of his 318 IS was "B3 replica", which gave the impression that it was pretending to be something it wasn't, but now we have the full story that puts a different light on it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Makes me laugh when you think of it, most pre-B3 cars are "Alpina fakes" as they were built by Sytners with factory approval. Mind you they have no record of the UK builds....
Think that snobery has to stop.

Right on that note I won't be attending due to honeymoon commitments ... with the B8!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Tinker said:
Makes me laugh when you think of it, most pre-B3 cars are "Alpina fakes" as they were built by Sytners with factory approval.
So any BMW not built in Germany is also a fake by that logic.

Tinker said:
Mind you they have no record of the UK builds....
Yes they do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,

Just arrived from Neil's Fastsaloons forum.

Just to let you know that I plan to be at the meet with my B3S Touring which is one of only nine in the UK and the first privately registered one (back in March 2003).

I will do everything I can to drum up support from the other site (I am a moderator on the Alpina section) as it would be great to have as many Alpina's as possible.

Neil and I were at Sytners in Nottingham yesterday morning chatting to Ged Scanlon and he will do his best to lay on something interesting if he can.

Must dash for now - looking forward to making some new friends here

Take care

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Tinker said:
Makes me laugh when you think of it, most pre-B3 cars are "Alpina fakes" as they were built by Sytners with factory approval. !
Sorry, but Sytner Alpina's are NOT fakes! Genuine Alpina cars with Alpina's approval, converted in the same manner as the cars from Buchloe.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Andy G said:
Sorry, but Sytner Alpina's are NOT fakes! Genuine Alpina cars with Alpina's approval, converted in the same manner as the cars from Buchloe.
I know, still not 100% convinced since Rover are after all going bust ....

Only winding you lot up! :crying: Would still be interesting to put same model side by side and play spot the difference (steering wheel excepted!) ouich

1 - 20 of 48 Posts