BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a letter from BMW UK last week saying I needed to book in my car for free airbag replacement so it seems we've caught up with the US at last on this. Not bad for a 15 year old car however as safety critical I assume BMW have no choice.

Anyone in UK had it done yet - is it all airbags or just front driver/passenger ones? Says it'll take an hour only in the letter so not much work it seems.

Simon

·
Registered
569 Posts
Took mine in on Friday , apparently didn't need changing so all I got for my time was a wash and vac. It's the steering wheel airbag.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Popped down to Sandal BMW to pick up some parts and asked them to check my VIN. March 2001 and isn't affected (allegedly).

It seems hit and miss, as in other countries it's all facelift Sport/M steering wheel airbags that are affected, yet over here it's only a select few?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Popped down to Sandal BMW to pick up some parts and asked them to check my VIN. March 2001 and isn't affected (allegedly).

It seems hit and miss, as in other countries it's all facelift Sport/M steering wheel airbags that are affected, yet over here it's only a select few?
I checked my VIN and it doesn't seem to affected either. Is there anyway to coax them into changing it? It is a little bit of an unknown in some respects as can we genuinely the airbags aren't the faulty ones?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I didn't know they still kept track of owners......or do they just get the info from DVLA? I'm assuming that a lot of owners aren't going to main dealers anymore for their servicing?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts