BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so they call me today in a hurry- "alex- you need to order like today" :cheers:

i go - "well, i dont know anything about options and colors. no catalogs, no info. there is no info on the bmw usa site either. i dont know what colors/options are offered nor their codes, etc."

the dealer could not help- they had no info either.

the question is- can i use the uk site to get colors and options?

help. i need to order like now...

alex
few cars

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Re: ughhh.. my dealer is nice, but have no info on options

Hey Alex-

New member NCM5 just posted this US catalog; looks like an internal US sales doc. I downloaded it last night and began the drooling process.

I then called my dealer today and learned I am about thirty days out from ordering (I'm #5 in line--from 4/2002!!)

check it out:
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56924

-Dave

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
exactly what i needed... thanx :)

however... no individual colors? grrrrrrr

thanx again

alex
few cars

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
silver gray exterior
black full leather merino interior
aluminum trim
m multifunction seats
hud
heated rear seats
sunshades
rear seat side impact airbags

production - september
delivery - october

the wait is on :)

alex
few cars

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Very nice Alex- I cannot wait to read your impressions. :M5launch:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Alex what dealership?

·
Registered
90 Posts
AJ said:
exactly what i needed... thanx :)

however... no individual colors? grrrrrrr

thanx again

alex
few cars
I am doing everything I can think of to push BMW to let us have individual colors (not making much progress as expected). Like you I am in the next round which is about 30 days out.

You can help by politely voicing your concerns to customer support and working your way up from there as I am doing. Use this number: 1-800-831-1117. My dealer has been supportive as they inferred they are not getting positive feedback on the color choices.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
idivethesea said:
I am doing everything I can think of to push BMW to let us have individual colors (not making much progress as expected). Like you I am in the next round which is about 30 days out.

You can help by politely voicing your concerns to customer support and working your way up from there as I am doing. Use this number: 1-800-831-1117. My dealer has been supportive as they inferred they are not getting positive feedback on the color choices.
good luck, i hope you are successful...i've been fighting bmw na for a year to let me order individual...unfortunately, still no luck...

·
Registered
679 Posts
my orginal request was carbon black with cinn leather...BMW Said no way so I settled for saphire with indi.. I think both combos are hot.

MT

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gustav said:
AJ: I know you wouldnt stand the pressure ;)

Congrats!
no pressure? i will try the smg and will replace it with a 6-speed for my07 if available...

boston m57777 : that would be foreign motors west in natick - i think i have a running tab with them by now :hihi:

MEnthusiast: you can bet there will be a write-up :flag:

regarding individual- i am not that hard pressing- i will most likely have the car only for a year if the manual materializes... but if it does- i will insist on individual. after all an indvidual program will follow the philosphy of the manual cars- they are/will be created specifically for us (the demanding and uncrompomizing spoiled american enthusiasts :), so it is only logical to make us feel really unique by offering the individual to compliment our "true sports sedans" :hihi:

alex
few cars

1 - 12 of 12 Posts